swap out a GE NX-8 panel??

I’m trying to help a friend swap out an existing GE NX-8 panel with an alarm.com compatible panel. He has some wired contacts(maybe 6?), a wired motion (which he wants to swap out because it’s not pet immune), 2 wired keypads, and one wired siren.

I was thinking the GE Simon XT because it falls within his budget but I’m not completely sure all the devices that are hardwired into the nx-8 will work with the XT. I’m open to any ideas panel wise but he has around $400 budgeted for hardware.

I have a technical background but I’m fairly new to alarm panels.

Ideally he would buy the panel \ hardware \ alarm.com service through you folks.

Thanks for help!

I was thinking the GE Simon XT because it falls within his budget but I’m not completely sure all the devices that are hardwired into the nx-8 will work with the XT
Ideally he would buy the panel \ hardware \ alarm.com service through you folks.

I don’t think Surety is a Dealer for, or even sells GE/Interlogix Simon panel/hardware. You are on your own there, and will need to obtain the equip through another Dealer/ebay/etc. Surety can monitor it for you.

They will set up DIY monitoring service via ADC and for Central Station, but the rest is up to you.

Surety to my knowledge is a Dealer for, and sells 2GIG and Qolsys panel/hardware. See their store: SuretyDIY

If you want to go with either a Qolsys or 2GIG, a TAKE will convert most of the wired sensors for use with the wireless system, and the Qolsys uses the GE wireless sensors natively (the 2GIG is native for Honeywell wireless).

Most Interlogix/GE NX panels (4V2, 6V2, 8V2, and 8E) are compatible with Alarm.com. You would need to get the Alarm.com communication module for it which is a NX-400-US-VZ (Verizon) or a NX-400-US-AT (AT&T). We don’t sell them (but we can monitor them) and I personally haven’t used one. That might be the lowest cost option. It does say (Note: certain older V1 NX4, 6 and 8 may not be fully supported).

Thanks for the replys. I think we are going to go with the qolsys panel so I’ll start up a new thread.