Stupid Kids - Des anyone have an extra PIR bracket

I had people over for Thanksgiving and one of the guest’s kids bumped my motion detector and broke the mounting bracket. Uggghhh.

Can’t find anywhere to buy just the bracket as I would.

Does anyone have an extra bracket. It is item B in the attached picture. I will send a UPS label for it or pay you for shipping and the part

pir_mountingbracket.jpg

I had people over for Thanksgiving and one of the guest’s kids bumped my motion detector and broke the mounting bracket. Uggghhh.

Can’t find anywhere to buy just the bracket as I would.

You don’t need the mounting bracket.

Do you have it mounted correctly? Unless that child is near 8 feet tall, a child should not be able to “bump it”. It is supposed to be at 7 1/2’- 8’. I don’t even use the mounting bracket. They are designed to be mounted directly to wall/corner btw.

Just mount it to the wall without bracket (only use the screw holes on one side)

It probably has to be mounted higher based on your information. Its in a corner and I guess I can do that without the bracket. Would just be nicer to have one if someone has one to spare

Here is how to do it.

Use either holes on left or right side (not both) mount at 7.5 feet

This video, which covers installing the 2GIG motion detector may also be useful for people reading this thread-

Or use velcro. :slight_smile:

I don’t like putting holes in my plaster walls.

Actually, I’ve got one if you still need it.

I actually found one, but appreciate you offering