Slow image sensor uploads at critical time

Can I just call the central station to put the system into test or is it more involved than that?

That’s it. You can do so at any time.

Jason, FYI I’m going to test this now. I’ll arm away and test both just walking past an interior IS without any other tripped sensors and then I’ll trip an instant perimeter and walk by one of the IS’.

Bad news I’m afraid. I tried the interior instant alarm scenario with the alarm away and the same symptoms occurred again. Images are in pending upload for ten minutes now post alarm and didn’t show up on the panel either. The alarm was tripped at 1:01 PM local time and as of 1:12 PM now, the images are still pending upload on ADC and haven’t yet appeared on the panel either.

I’m not going to bother to test the other scenario (other sensor trips) at this point since there’s clearly an issue.

I know it’s the weekend so I don’t expect any action until Monday AM but there you go, something’s not right between the panel and the image sensors in an alarm condition.

An update: 30 minutes have gone by and at some point, the images stopped being in “pending upload” and reverted back to simply “captured” and would need to be manually uploaded at this time. Same symptoms as the original occurrence that kicked off this thread as well.

Alright, believe it or not that is good news. Repeat behavior is easier to diagnose and fix. I’ve pushed your update to ADC to look into.

Well yeah, good news for troubleshooting but bad news from a security standpoint. I was hoping it would all go away by itself :stuck_out_tongue:

Some troubleshooting steps have been performed. Can you test this once more when you get a chance?

Yep, I’ll likely test over the weekend as that’s when it’s easiest. I’ll let you know when and what the results are.

OK Jason, had another failure of this system to upload images upon an alarm condition. This occurred today at 12:55 PM local.

Same symptoms as earlier, images in pending upload state for some time until they revert back to captured status with no upload.

This needs immediate attention if that’s not apparent. This is beyond some sort of thermostat reporting issue and affects the safety of my family.

Further, I’m unable to upload the alarm images whatsoever. Manually pushing them has failed twice already.

Have there been successful tests/alarm instances as well? Or has every alarm occurrence resulted in this effect on the IS uploads?

No, it’s never worked properly in an alarm condition. When not alarming, or related to an alarm event, it all works fine.

Ok, let’s try some things. The most likely problem occurring is between the IS and the panel (or just the panel itself causing the problem) so it is best to try pushing the alarm related rules again.

First, under the image sensor tab, click settings. Uncheck the boxes under the “Alarms” column for images available at panel and save. Then under Rules and Alerts, disable the Capture Images During Alarms rule.

Wait five to ten minutes. (At least five)

Then re-enable the Capture Images During Alarms rule. Wait at least five minutes.

Then check the boxes under “Alarms” column on settings page and save.

Wait another five minutes.

Then test an alarm.

Then under Rules and Alerts, disable the Capture Images During Alarms rule.

This is a default rule and cannot be disabled.

BTW, when I was attempting to change rules and settings just now (only able to change the load to panel checkboxes), I received a warning that the IS’ were in test mode and that I needed to authorize the auto-upload of alarm images.

Obviously I had done this the first time they were installed so not sure why that appeared again but there you have it.

You are correct, forgot those were locked to prevent accidental removal. I just had the rules resent, so disregard that portion. Just uncheck the boxes on the settings page, save, wait five minutes, then check the boxes again.

The resent rules and reboot should take care of what you are seeing. After you test, let us know A: Do the images become available on the IQ panel, and B: do they automatically upload to your Alarm.com account?

Hmm…When did it ask you to authorize automatic uploads? Was this earlier or just recently?

Just now, when I was trying to edit the rules. I was probably in there as you were resending or something.

I guess the reboot is why I got an arming notification just now?

You likely saw that due to rules being resent then. And yes, panel would boot to prior state and the status would be pulled again.

Makes sense. I disabled the checkboxes again 10 minutes ago, so re-enabling now. Not sure when I’ll be able to test but sounds like we’re prepped for it.

Jason, an update:

An alarm condition today at 6:44 PM with an IS resulted in no automatic upload of images once again.

-J.P.