SkyBell HD Video Clip Saving Issue

We installed a SkyBell HD today. When button is pushed or motion is detected, it isn’t saving video clips. I tried to update the firmware through Alarm.com and it says Update Failed.

Hi, unfortunately it looks like you are referring to a Skybell HD using 1072 firmware. This is a very old firmware version and is not capable of OTA updates.

This issue is described here.

Ultimately a replacement Skybell would be required. Please be sure to contact the vendor for replacement, as any old Skybells with that firmware version are, as far as I know, essentially incapable of being used at all now.

I would advise using the Alarm.com branded version, and be sure to not connect it to Skybell account directly, as this can apply a firmware version which is not supported.

For a Skybell that is guaranteed to work with ADC (can’t connect to Skybell), look to the VDB105/106 Slim line version instead of the HD.

Got it! :smiley: Got an Alarm.com branded version of the VDB106 ordered.

The wait for us was getting the wiring to work with our doorbell. I assume it’ll work the same, just replace the doorbell?

Cancelled the order, realized I brought it from Surety. Sending an email now. :slight_smile:

I see an order for a Skybell HD from 2016, is that the one you are referencing? Was it unused until now?

That’s the order. It was not in use until today.

Just ordered the Slim Line through you after talking in email. :slight_smile:

Thank you again for your help on this and other topics in the past.

Can you see if my new Slimline has the latest firmware please? I didn’t see anywhere to check in Video Settings in Alarm.com.

Yes, your VDB-105 has up to date firmware. Whenever added to ADC, the Skybell will get the latest available version applied.

Thank you! :slight_smile: Loving the new one, possibly even a better viewing angle on it too!