Skybell HD notifications through Alarm.com app

I’m looking at adding a Skybell HD to my Alarm.com account, but I have a question regarding notifications. Through the Alarm.com app, can you specify a specific notification tone for button presses and a different notification tone for motion detection like you can with the Skybell app? Within the alarm.com app, there is a notification for Non-Alarm Events, does the Skybell HD fall into this category, or does it have it’s own notifications? I’ve been using the Skybell HD app and like having the different notification tones so quickly identify the alert.

The Skybell HD currently uses the Non-Alarm Event notification sound through the App.

We’ve made a prior request to ADC for a unique Skybell HD option, and we will follow up with them to indicate further interest from our users.

Is this still the case? I changed my non-alarm event notification sound to a Halloween sound effect but still get a ding-dong sound when the doorbell button is pressed.

The Non-Alarm Event option under Notifications -> Push Notifications is the tone that that will play when the SkyBell is triggered.

To confirm, you updated this tone through the Alarm.com app but upon button press on the SKyBell HD, the tone you selected did not play? Have you tried logging out of the app and then back in or perhaps restarting your mobile device?

That’s correct. I tried logging out/in and restarting, and the notification still plays the ding-dong sound instead of the sound I selected under Non-Alarm Events. This is on a Samsung tablet.

I remember seeing an update for the Alarm.com app a few months back which stated they added the ding-dong sound for Skybell HD button presses which I assumed meant it was no longer tied to the Non-Alarm Events notification sound.

That’s correct, it was in the June, 12 release notes.

The Skybell now uses a doorbell sound separately.