Simultaneous Video Streams?

I’d like to record someone walking on my driveway (25 feet) to my front porch, which is “around the corner” from my driveway.

At my covered front porch, I have an Alarm.com SkyBell HD at the door and a dome camera (ADC-VC826) looking downward. Firmware is current and motion detection is activated on both cams. I use analytics on the dome camera. I’d like to add a Mini Bullet camera (ADC-VC726) to watch my driveway and would activate motion detection and video analytics for this new camera.

Q - Can the Alarm.com video package on my residential account record simultaneous video stream clips from the dome camera AND the future mini bullet cam? If not, can this future setup be configured to handle a rapid handoff from the bullet cam to the dome camera as the walking person transitions from the driveway to the porch?

As a side note, although I have fios to my router and my wifi signal strength to the SkyBell HD is strong (+95%), the Verizon latency to my cell phone ADC app is terrible (troubleshooted by Alarm.com tech support). The SkyBell HD regularly misses a package delivery at the porch and the hard-wired dome camera “kinda” resolves that deficiency.

I’d recommend get an SVR this will do exactly what ur wanting

Great Idea - I’ll check it out (seriously) But, do you know if the Alarm.com com video service can record simultaneous video streaming from the two hard-wired cameras. I’m thinking “no”???

Actual with the SVR it will continually record up to 8 cameras and if u plug a HDMI cable in the back of the SVR and then in to a tv or computer monitor u can even watch the cameras just like a Dvr camera system

Kewl - it sounds like the SVR is my solution. Still…recording simultaneous video streams > yes or no?

yes

Thank you Charlie - I appreciate the SVR recommendation!

Ur very welcome

Can the Alarm.com video package on my residential account record simultaneous video stream clips from the dome camera AND the future mini bullet cam? If not, can this future setup be configured to handle a rapid handoff from the bullet cam to the dome camera as the walking person transitions from the driveway to the porch?

I think the service is going to cover what you need, but maybe not exactly the way you are thinking. Camera recording is not manually programmed to occur in sequence from one cam to the next, etc. You can set multiple cams to record simultaneously based on alarm activity, but VMD rules/analytics are specific to the camera.

Video analytics will generate clips exactly when activity is happening in front of that specific camera, as well as be able to differentiate between people, vehicles, and animals. So you would have an analytics rule for each camera, and when one is activated it records, when the next is activated, it records.

Excellent (and helpful) advanced information and good to know - thank you Jason!