Setup of MyQ Smart Garage Control

My old MyQ Hub died and I bought a new MYQ Smart Garage Control (model MYQ-G0401) and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to connect it to my alarm.com account.

I was forced to use the MyQ app to go through setup, and that works just fine, so both the hub and sensor are good to via the MyQ app.

I go to alarm.com and add a new device. I’m not sure if I need a new gateway as when I enter the serial number nothing happens it just says it cannot connect but the hub has a solid green led light so I k ow it’s connected.

Any help I’d appreciated.

I go to alarm.com and add a new device. I’m not sure if I need a new gateway as when I enter the serial number nothing happens it just says it cannot connect but the hub has a solid green led light so I k ow it’s connected.

If the new myQ hub is connected to the native myQ app, it cannot be connected to your Alarm.com account, its one or the other.

My old MyQ Hub died and I bought a new MYQ Smart Garage Control (model MYQ-G0401) and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to connect it to my alarm.com account.

I can send commands to remove the old myQ gateway/door that is in malfunction, would you like this removed?

Ok so what do I do as I could t even setup the WiFi connection of the hub unless I went through the MyQ app?

Yes go ahead and remove the old one.l please.

Yes go ahead and remove the old one.l please.

Commands have been sent at this time, please allow about 5 minutes for the command to resolve. You may need to log out of your ADC account, then back in.

Ok so what do I do as I could t even setup the WiFi connection of the hub unless I went through the MyQ app?

In some cases you need to use the myQ app to get the new unit connected to the local network, but you can skip the part where you tie the gateyway/hub to the myQ account directly.

If the gateway is connected to the network atm with a solid green led, you should be able to just remove the gateway/door from the native myQ app then tie it to your ADC account.

After removing the myQ equipment from the nativeapp, wait about 10 minutes or so for the pairing information to be purged from the myQ app. Then open close the garage 3 times in a row from the wall button. This helps to resync the myQ unit.

Afterwards, via Alarm.com website navigate to Settings > Manage Devices> Add Device > and select the myQ hub/gateway you are adding to begin the pairing process.

More installation pairing instructions can be found below

This is the option I see in the MyQ app - just want to make sure this is the way to go…

Yes that appears to be correct. Depending on the phone you are using the process is a tad different.

To delete a hub from the app

1. Log into your myQ account
  2. Tap the Initials in the upper left corner
  3. Tap Device Management
  4. Locate the hub you want to delete:
  • Apple: Press and swipe left
  • Android: Press and hold until the option to delete pops up
  1. Tap Delete then tap Yes, delete .

I have the same model MyQ G0401 MC and am at this same step. I have deleted the hub from the MyQ app, open and closed the garage door with wall button 4 times and I’m still getting a message that says, “Registration was unsuccessful for this device. It may be registered to a myQ account. Please remove the device from myQ or factory reset the device, then reconnect to an internet network and try registering again.”

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

You may indeed need to factory reset that device. In some rare cases the MyQ hub exhibits behavior which suggests it is trying to continue connecting to the same account registration which was deleted in MyQ.

Please factory reset the hub, then try again.