Sensors for shed

Hi, I have an outdoor shed that has 1 window and 1 door and I would like to monitor it. I think a door sensor on each would be fine (although the window is so small, just monitoring the door would probably be adequate). I thought I remembered hearing something about separate “zones” (that is not what they were referred to as, and I cannot remember what they are called in order to look it up) but is there any way to have the shed armed at all times, even if the house is disarmed? I would just need to disarm the shed before I access it, but would like it alarmed at all other times, if possible.

Thank you,
David

I thought I remembered hearing something about separate “zones” (that is not what they were referred to as, and I cannot remember what they are called in order to look it up)

I believe you are referring to Partitions where you can arm groups of sensors independently of one another on one control panel.

Partitioning is not supported on the GC3. There was talk of it in the past, but I do not believe it is currently in development.

is there any way to have the shed armed at all times, even if the house is disarmed? I would just need to disarm the shed before I access it, but would like it alarmed at all other times, if possible.

One way you could replicate this is by setting the Shed door as a 24 Hour Auxiliary sensor type, with the equipment type set as Contact. This will result in a 24 hour active sensor that will send burglary signals. You could then bypass that zone before access.

I don’t necessarily recommend that option, as there is a higher chance of false alarm.

Another option would be to just set it up as a No Response Type sensor type, with equipment code set to Contact. This will result in a notification only sensor which will not generate alarms but can be set to notify you if it is ever opened.