Sensor repeatedly going offline

hi my sensor #38 has gone offline multiple times over the past couple days, for periods between 10 and 15 minutes in duration. what is the cause of this/how do I troubleshoot?
thanks

Its losing its connection to the panel and cant communicate, same with loss of supervision.

Other factors to look at are sensor age, distance from panel, battery life, and what type of material the sensor is mounted on.

In this case, is the sensor mounted on wood, vinyl, metal etc? Metal can inhibit signaling.

A good first step is to remove from programming, re-add and test.

It’s a brand new PG9935 mounted on a vinyl window frame, with multiple other similarly mounted in the same room as well as adjoining rooms.

Has it been doing this since learning it in?

Try removing from programming, re-adding, and testing, any change?

No it was learned in several weeks ago, just started doing this over the past couple days. I’ll try what you suggested. Thanks

#38 seems not to have gone offline since deleting and re enrolling.

However #41 keeps going offline and then restoring. It is also a brand new PG9935. I deleted the sensor and have been unable to re-enroll. when I attempt auto-learn, the panel does not recognize the sensor when I press the enroll button. when I enroll manually, the panel shows the sensor status as “not networked” and when I go to the power G test menu, it says “sensor association incomplete”. I also removed the battery for 60 seconds and tried the above again, same result.

please advise.

Thanks

Delete the sensor, and swap the battery with a new one from a known working sensor. Then Relearn the sensor from its installation location. When auto enrolling, hold the internal enroll button down until the LED lights up, then immediately let go. Does the sensor Auto Enroll?

If not, how far away from the panel is the sensor and what material is the sensor mounted on?

In general, when learning in wireless sensors, unless specifically stated, use the Auto Learn function over manual. This ensures that the sensor communicates to the panel

Additionally, there is a newer firmware version for your panel, 2.6.0. Its currently only upgradeable via patch tag, steps and patch notes found here.

I had already done everything you suggested except the battery swap, which I did do just now with a battery from another PG9935 which is working properly. I have updated to 2.6.0. the sensor is mounted on a vinyl window frame. I tried enrolling at the mounting location (less than 100 ft and two rooms away from the panel), and I also unmounted the sensor and tried enrolling it right next to the panel. the panel is not recognizing the sensor during the autoenroll process under any of these circumstances. I do have multiple other PG9935s mounted on identical window frames throughout the property, both closer to and farther from the panel compared to this one in question.

is this a defective sensor?

Yes, it it is failing to enroll using Auto Enrolment when using a new battery and at a closer distance, it should be replaced.

To get the process underway, what is the Sensor ID and Serial from the device? You can Private Message this to us.