Sensor one has a weak signal

While performing a system test, I received this error message on my 2GG panel: “sensor one has a weak signal” I have had the same system installed for about a year and this is the first time I’ve see a message like this. Can you tell me what I can do to fix it?

Thank you

Try replacing batteries in sensor that is weak, see if that resolves issue.

Tips:

1. Replace batteries
  2. Relocate panel
  3. Add a repeater

it’s actually the key pad panel itself stating it has the weak signal, all of the sensors are fine. the panel has been in the same location for over a year and this is the first time there’s been an issue with the signal

IMG_4596.mov (626 KB)

TS1…PAD1…? If pad1, try replacing batteries (take it off wall and move it near main cp, and see if signal improves). If TS1, could be transceiver (had a couple times that occurred, and fixed it by reseating it, and rebooting panel)

On another note, did you program the sensors yourself? Might want to add more to descriptor (type of sensor). E.g., " office door", “office window”, or “middle foyer motion detector”

For example…

thank you so much. i will try this in the morning. i believe it is the tsi1 i have. do you have instructions for how to do this–> transceiver (had a couple times that occurred, and fixed it by reseating it, and rebooting panel)

again, thank you!

In my case I thnk the TS1 transceiver issues were becuase of a Image Sensor that wasnt properly communicating/supervising. Both used the 900mhz transceiver, and both reported low signal. Reseated the transceiver, and reset the Image Sensor.

Place system on test
Remove screw on top, Open panel
Unplug battery connector
Unplug AC transformer (wall adapter)

Above cell module is the rectangular transceiver (swiggly antenna) pull it straight out, check pin connections, check antenna/solder, place it back and seat ot firmly, reconnect battery, close panel, reconnect AC

PS the TS1 can use battery backups. (3 AAA) I use rechargeable Energizer/Duracell in mine

This video demonstrates changing a transceiver, which is the same as removing it and reseating it. Might be useful.

Dear SuretyCAM,

I recently ordered a new transceiver to replace the original one in our 2GIG TS1 secondary panel, since it had been giving off a weak signal to the primary 2GIG panel. While the new transceiver appeared to resolve the issue, our 2GIG panel is once again receiving a weak signal after less than one month with the new transceiver.

Can you please offer any suggestions on what the next course of action would be?

Thank you.

There are a few things you can do to improve signal between the panel and the TS1. First, the signal between the two is somewhat directional and best transmits from the face of the keypad. If your TS1 can be moved or angled to better face the control panel you may notice improved signal.

Obviously proximity is a primary concern. What distance and materials are in between the two? Moving one closer to the other will almost always help.

Is the weak signal (reported in red) constant or intermittent?

Jason,

Thank you for your suggestion. We tried that (placing the two panels near each other), but to no avail. It turns out a couple nights ago we received a “Low Battery” alarm email from one of the motion detectors. Having noticed Rive’s response above (“In my case I thnk the TS1 transceiver issues were becuase of a Image Sensor that wasnt properly communicating/supervising”), we concluded that perhaps we were having the same issue.

Long story short, we replaced the battery in the motion detector and then ran the panel’s test mode. The weak sensor signal coming from the TS1 panel was now resolved! So it looks like a weak battery in one sensor can affect a completely different sensor.

Thanks to all who provided input and advice. I really appreciate it!