Secondary Edge Panel pairing

Not sure why, but I had to reconnect my secondary Edge panel back to the main panel. I was able to get it connected back to my wifi and find the main panel.

The secondary panel says to press “Pair” on the main, but when I go to the main panel there’s nothing there, but I get a message saying the secondary panel wants to pair.

At this point, I’m just confused. Both panels see each other, but there’s no option I’m seeing to pair them.

Figured it out, but it certainly wasn’t clear. Had to go in to panel programming, select keypad and then tap on Device ID. Once I did that, the magical pair button showed up.

I do have one other question about a malfunctioning sensor that I’m not sure on what is going on. I’ve replaced it and it’s set just like another sensor I have set for alerts only, but it still says malfunction. The alerts work however.

Follow the recommendations there to determine the cause. An Offline malfunction is a common status meaning the sensor failed supervision checks.

It looks like the sensor reporting this at the moment is on a safe? It’s way more likely to see supervision troubles when a sensor is near a large source of metal. Metal will cause heavy attenuation of RF signals.

To resolve you can try re-orienting the sensor, lifting it off the surface some with a spacer, or use a wired contact that goes into a wireless sensor with a wired input like the DW10.