Schedule for lights no longer being followed

For years, my lights have been following the same schedule, turning on at a certain amount of time before sunset, and off either at a specified time or a certain amount of time after sunset.

Yesterday, the lights have started coming on and off at random times. Also yesterday, my IQ Panel 2 indicated I had a software upgrade pending, which I then completed.

The lights no longer following the schedule has only come up since that upgrade. Any suggestions on how to get them to follow the schedule?

First thing you will want to do is make sure there are no conflicting schedules involving the same Z-Wave devices.

Also, make sure the Z-Wave device can be controlled via remote command through ADC and locally via the panel.

If you find there are no conflicting schedules, you will want to delete the schedule, wait 5 minutes, recreate the schedule, wait an additional 5 minutes, then test for resolution.

If using Sunrise/Sunset as a timeframe, it may take 24 hours for the schedule to be followed correctly.

Also, if you have recently removed any Z-Wave devices, or added any Z-Wave devices, without running a Z-Wave Network Rediscovery, this can impact command pathways negatively.

More on Z-Wave network setup/best practices, can be found here.

I haven’t changed the schedules in years. There are no conflicts. This stopped working yesterday after I installed upgrade 2.5.2.20200403_b2_full_upgrade.zip.

Sounds like I need to delete and rebuild them all, which is unfortunate.

Its entirely possible that the FW update is the reason. Id like to point out that 2.5.2 is not the most recent FW available for the IQ Panel 2+, there are a few versions since then, the most recent is 2.6.2, some of the newer ones require patch tags

You can find firmware and patch notes here.

Ok thanks. I just updated to 2.5.3 then 2.6.2… I’ll see if the schedules are recognized under the updated software and delete and rebuild if necessary.

As an aside, I just saw the patch notes indicated that the 2.5.2 upgrade must include a verbose log level. I did not do that as I simply accepted the request to upgrade on the panel yesterday. I didn’t first go back and review the release notes. Not sure if that caused any issues.

Nothing additional should be needed to update the firmware. Its either available through wi-fi already or you would just enter the patch tag then update through Wi-fi.

Let us know if the schedules are not followed after removing/re-adding.

I removed and re-added all the light schedules but they’re still not being followed.

My backyard lights, which are set to turn on 30min before sunset, turned on at 2:46AM
My bedroom lamp, which is set to turn on 15min before sunset, turned on at 3:01AM
My inside lights, which are set to turn on 1hr before sunset, turned on at 2:16AM.

These times would correspond to a sunset of 3:16AM.

My inside light, kitchen, which was on this morning turned off at 6:28AM. Inside lights are set to turn off at 9PM.

All of this activity is taking place 9hr28min later than it should.

Again, schedules were set and unchanged for years. They stopped being followed after a firmware update yesterday to 2.5.2. (I am now on 2.6.2)

I’ve sent a few commands to ensure the panel time and location settings are correct. This should resolve schedule issues if they are caused by internal timers.

Let me know if there is improvement. If not, I will have Alarm.com send some commands to rebuild the automation rules data for your system.

No change to the behavior. If you could escalate to Alarm.com it would be appreciated.

Actually came on the site for the same issue. My lights on my IQ Panel 2+ started not following the sunset schedule; started turning on early in the afternoon a few days starting within the last week or so. Wondering if there is something wrong with the date/time logic, as I’ve never had an issue before 2022…

The lights work fine otherwise with manual trigger and sensor based automations.

Alarm.com has sent rebuild commands for rules on your system. Keep an eye on activity and let me know if it is resolved.

Alarm.com has sent rebuild commands for rules on your system. Keep an eye on activity and let me know if it is resolved.

That seems to have resolved the issue, all lights are now following the schedules as normal, thanks.