Running a Cell Test on NX8e Panel

We’ve set your highest zone number to 24. Looks like 24 zones are now showing up. You may need to log out and log back into Alarm.com to view the changes.

Keep in mind you’ll want to check on the Alarm.com website and sensors page, not system summary, for a full zone list, including the option to rename the zones custom names.

Success! I see all 24 zones in the alarm.com web site dashboard. Wow… that was quite a process, but thanks for helping me get here. I learned a lot about the system during these past few days. I think it will be beneficial knowledge to have going forward.

BTW - the alarm.com web site does show a single alert at the top of the page:

Panel Phone Line Failure

Any idea why I would see that? The alarm company just used the POTS phone line connection to reset the panel to the default download code, so there shouldn’t be anything wrong with the line (although I don’t really need it now that I have the cellular connection to alarm.com)

thanks again!

There seems to be one other hitch I didn’t notice at first…

All sensors show a status of CLOSED and motion sensors IDLE. However, there are currently several OPEN sensors throughout the house.

All sensors show a status of CLOSED and motion sensors IDLE. However, there are currently several OPEN sensors throughout the house.

Sensors just discovered through Alarm.com would not have reported any activity unless activity had occurred at the sensor since then. It would simply be assumed as closed.

Try opening and closing some sensors and check your Alarm.com history for confirmation. Sensors would need to change state after having been found by ADC to report correct status. (In other words, the sensors are reporting their last change in status, not the immediate state.)

BTW – the alarm.com web site does show a single alert at the top of the page:

Panel Phone Line Failure

Any idea why I would see that?

Alarm.com does not use POTS for communication and the prior phone number and account number for your other provider may still be in programming. Have you cancelled your service with the previous provider?

Thanks - I just cycled a couple of the sensors and now see current information. nice!

Yes, I did cancel service with my previous provider. I’m assuming there is some setting I need to find to disable the telephone. If you know what that is, please let me know otherwise I’ll dig into the manual some more and try a few things…

thanks again!

Yes, if your prior service was cancelled that would mean that the phone line cannot reach an active account matching your account number in the panel.

To remove the phone dialing, Location 2, set to 0 I believe should take care of it on an NX8

Changing the Location 2 setting did the trick. Everything is looking good now. Thanks!

Thanks again for your help getting my system set up. Now that I’ve had some time to test the system, I would like to add central station monitoring to my account. I didn’t see an option to add this service online - can you help?

Also - my keypads have ‘Fire’, ‘Police’, and ‘Ambulance’ panic buttons. If those buttons are pressed, will the central station receive the alarm notification and know which service is being requested?

Thanks!

We’ll have customer service email you instructions regarding adding CS monitoring.

Also – my keypads have ‘Fire’, ‘Police’, and ‘Ambulance’ panic buttons. If those buttons are pressed, will the central station receive the alarm notification and know which service is being requested?

This would be controlled via location 23, segment 1, bits 4-7. As long as enabled, yes, your keypad panics would be treated as Panic signals of the corresponding type.

Networx manual has the below options for Location 23, Segment 1. I enabled Bits 1, 6, and 7 for enable quick arm, Fire, and Medical features, respectively. Which one enables “police” button on the keypad? Also, do I enable both 4 and 5. It seems those two cancel each other out.

Location 23, Segment 1:
1 = On enables the Quick Arm feature.
2 = On enables the Re-exit feature.
3 = On enables the Automatic Bypass feature.
4 = On enables the Silent Keypad Panic feature (overrides the audible panic selection).
5 = On enables the Audible Keypad Panic feature.
6 = On enables the Keypad Aux 1 feature (FIRE).
7 = On enables the Keypad Aux 2 feature (MEDICAL).
8 = On enables the Keypad Multiple Code Attempt Tamper feature.

I believe you will want either 4 or 5 enabled. The police panic should be enabled by default. If in test mode with the central station you can press and hold the shield icon button on your keypad to verify signals are being sent.