Running a Cell Test on 2GIG

I am attempting to complete the installation process, however, there is not a radio status button shown when I enter the toolbox using the installer code.

I have opened the unit and confirmed that the cellular module is installed, but there is no radio test button shown for me to select to run the test.
Can you provide direction or assist?

Welcome to the suretyDIY forum and thank you for listing the steps you have already taken to troubleshoot!

To start, what is the current version of the firmware on your panel? You can follow this video to find out where it is located.

Typically, when the radio status button does not appear, this is indicative that the cellular module is not compatible with the panel’s current firmware.

We want to rule this issue out before moving on to other possibilities.

The control panel and the TS1 are both running 1.14. The radio modem shows under version as 6185.

I have taken out the cellular module and put it in again to make sure it is seated properly.

I have rebooted the system and the CP still does not show the radio test button.

I have also checked Q91 and set it to : 1

Can you post a screenshot of the panel screen when in the installer toolbox? (with “System Configuration” in top left)

Here is pic of screen

Here is the next screen

Thank you. This is strange. It is always possible that the module may be bad, but it’s best to rule out other things first. Could you also post the firmware version screen when it is reporting the exact panel version (the numbers)?

Was the firmware downloaded from our site and updated or did the panel come with that firmware?

I downloaded the software from your site. The system originally had 1.10 and I use the firmware cable to flash to 1.14

How can you resize the pic. The system is saying the pic is too large

Screenshot

Smaller image of screen

IMG_0303.jpg

The file size may be too large. An image editor can reduce the density.

In the meantime, does your panel specifically say 1.14? or 1.14.01? EDIT: Thanks, it’s 1.14.01. Just wanted to verify.

Hmm, looking at the account, was this a module that was used previously?

The version is 1.14.01 and yes this system was used previously.

Was the module removed/reseated while the panel was powered?

Did you remove the module during the firmware update? Can you power down the panel completely, for 2-3 minutes, AC first then battery, check the module where it plugs into the panel board. Make sure this connector is not loose on the module or the board.

Leave the module disconnected and out of the panel. Power up the panel. Wait a minute, then power the panel completely down again, reinstall the module, wait two minutes, power back up.

Was the module removed/reseated while the panel was powered? No, it was removed after the power was shut off.

Did you remove the module during the firmware update? No
Can you power down the panel completely, for 2-3 minutes, AC first then battery, check the module where it plugs into the panel board. Make sure this connector is not loose on the module or the board. No change

Leave the module disconnected and out of the panel. Power up the panel. Wait a minute, then power the panel completely down again, reinstall the module, wait two minutes, power back up.

No change

If the radio status button is not there, the panel does not see a module installed. This may mean incorrect firmware, but since you definitely have updated firmware, it means a dead module or a damaged panel. The first thing I would suggest is to try a new module.

It looks like this issue may have been brought up before. The last post indicates a new module is probably necessary.

Thanks so much for the help. I will order a new cell module. Once I install the new module, are their any additional steps I need to take?

You’ll just need to let us know at customerservice@suretyDIY.com when you are ready to perform the module swap and the new communication module ID number (ADC for Verizon or IMEI for AT&T) and we will swap the module number tied to your account. After that it will just take a cell phone test to connect. (Assuming it is indeed the module that is the problem here. But that is the best thing to test first)

Thanks!