Running a Cell Test on 2GIG

Hello my registration status on my 2gig panel says “unknown”. I have rebooted the panel using the steps in the setup instructions but it is still failing and the registration status does not change. I need some help to fix this, thank you

Have you run a cell test? Your history shows that this has yet to be done. A successful cell test should connect your panel with our service.

You can find an instructional video here.

After running the cell test are you still having issues?

Yes I have run a cell test, the cell radio test button is RED before the test even begins.

What is your current firmware version?
Do you have the antenna plugged in firmly? (make sure you are using the antenna which comes with the 3G module)

Version 1.5

Ah, the 3G At&t module requires at least firmware 1.9.6.

The panel will need a firmware upgrade to communicate. The firmware upgrade cable and links to firmware versions can be found here.

I would recommend not updating straight to 1.14.01. Download an older version, like 1.9.6 and upgrade to that first. We’ve seen issues trying to upgrade from older versions of the firmware straight to the newest. I would also recommend updating to 1.13 before 1.14.01. However, you would only need 1.9.6 in order to use the module.

Thank you very much, what are the main differences between the two latest updates?

1.14.01 Release notes are available here.

1.13 largely added device support. Linear Z-wave Garage Opener, resolution for Schlage lock issues. A list of changes for archived versions is described here.