Repurposing AT&T Digital Life Sensors/Accessories

Awesome! Thanks for the prompt response Steve…I’ll try this now

NP. I went round and round on this. I am now trying to move some of the other sensors/light switches over. Let me know if you’ve been successful with any other equipment.

Okay so I tried this again…

I get through the process until the very last step where I am supposed to be pressing 1+#

At that point the 1 button does not beep, as if it is not an option…I start the process over again and get the same result =(

I wonder if it has to be paired to the digital life controller in order to unpair properly…I unplugged the controller a long time ago.

Was yours still paired to the controller when you unpaired it?

Yes, mine was paired. I did read that you need to wait 60 seconds…try waiting a minute between unpairing and pairing.

Alternatively, have you seen the documentation on a manual reset of the lock?

You will have to reset the master code.

We’ll get it to work…I did a ton of things and it finally worked. :slight_smile:

Hi MHavoc,
I am trying to reuse the Digital Life door and window sensors, as well as the Schlage smartpad door lock. I have a SmartThings hub but do not know how to put these devices in pairing mode so that my hub can detect them. Please let me know if and how these items can be connected to my hub. The door sensor showed S/N: OOCB30 on the bottom.

Hi,

I recently purchased a Ring alarm kit and discontinued my service with AT&T Digital Life. The Ring kit comes with a hub which is essentially a zwave hub similar to Wink or SmartThings.

I came across this tread looking for info on how to re-purpose the Yale YRD210 lock that was paired to the AT&T Digital Life alarm system. I too tried everything mentioned in this tread to try to make the lock ‘leave’ the Digital Life network with no success.

I contacted Ring to see if they could help. They replied with the following instructions and it worked perfectly. I realize this tread was not specific to Ring products, but there may be a similar solution for the zwave hubs you are trying to use.

From the Ring app do the following:

1. Tap hamburger menu/three lines in top left corner
  2. Tap ‘Devices’
  3. Tap Alarm Base Station
  4. Tap on the base station
  5. Tap cog wheel in top right corner
  6. Tap ‘Advanced Options’
  7. Under Protocol Adapters, tap ‘Z-Wave’
  8. Tap ‘Remove Z-Wave Device’
  9. When app says “Listening for device," <hold the setup button until you hear the 5 beeps> enter the master code + #, 7#, 1#

Good luck.

there may be a similar solution for the zwave hubs you are trying to use.

Yes, any time you try to use a Z-wave device with a new controller, its prior parent network link needs to be removed, as Z-wave is two way mesh communication. You do this by performing a “remove device” or “Clear Device” depending on your controller and performing the link process on the device while the controller is listening for devices to clear.

@nhull001 - I’m about to purchase a Ring alarm and cancel my AT&T Digital Life alarm service. I would love to re-use the door and window sensors that are currently installed on about 20 doors and windows around my home, rather than having to re-purchase all of it. Do you know if they are possible to re-use w/Ring since both systems use Z-wave?

Thanks!
Keith

No you can’t. AT&T Digital Life door and window sensors are not Z-wave. It’s a proprietary 433Mhz signal. Read this manual: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1308502/AtAndt-Digital-Life.html

The only thing re-usable from the Digital Life is the Yale door lock if you have one. Even the Garage Door opener and Glass break sensors are on a proprietary signal.

Thanks Daniel. I was afraid that that was the answer. I guess I’ll have to spend a lot more money on the new system than I thought, but it’ll pay off after the first year since I’ll gonfrom ~$50/month to $100/year.

Thanks again!
Keith