Replacing wireless sensor with existing wired sensor on my GC3

When I went t the GC3 I had a wireless sensor in the front door of my home to replace the wired sensor. The wired items were still working also in conjunction with the wireless as I remember Vivint had put a device that allows it to communicate with my panel. I left Vivint and went to a GC3 and everything worked but I had to buy some new sensors for compatibility. We upgraded the front door to an Iron Door and there really is no way to put the wireless sensor in the new door without being noticed. The installer wired a new physical sensor in my new door but I cant get it to be recognized by my panel. I change the settings in the system configuration but none seem to work for it. I saved the settings after each attempt to modify it.
What setting would i need for a wired door contact to work on the GC3 panel?

Where is the hardwired sensor connected on the panel?

• zone 1 is terminal 6 and terminal 7 is used for zone 2.

The GC3 can be programmed with up to 2 wired sensors. To begin, navigate to the Installer
Toolbox, then tap System Configuration > Wired Zones.

Programming steps can be found on page 27 of this manual here

My sensor should still be connected using the takeover module used when the old alarm was migrated. Many of my windows have the original sensors working. Does anyone know if Vivint would have disconnected the door sensor when they installed the new wireless sensor? I am assuming that the sensor is working on the takeover module. Yesterday I tried to setup the sensor in my GC3 under the wireless. I have no sensors configured under the wired option so I left that alone.

If a TAKE-345 was/is in use and the old wired sensor from the door was replaced with a wireless sensor, its possible that the wire was disconnected from the TAKE-345 and the sensor removed from programming.

When programming sensors connected to a TAKE-345 The first sensor (zone 1 on the TAKE) would use the 7‐digit serial number that ends in “1” (XXX‐ XXXX1) that is found on the back of the TAKE Switch (this is the serial number for Zone 1).

• For each additional zone (2-8), add a digit to the end of the serial number. For
    example, Zone (terminal) 2 will be (XXX‐XXX2)
  • Example the TAKE Switch has a TXID of 444-5551. That would be the first programmed zone. The next zone would be 444-5552, then 444-5553 and so on up to 8 (if all 8 are used)

I will look later today when I get back home. I suspect the wire may be disconnected for the sensor. Trying to figure out which wire may be a bit difficult to determine.

OK so I tried to connect to the device I think is the takeover module but no success. That item has access for only room for 8 devices are 6 are used. all windows not used have wireless contact. All door have the wireless door sensor. I attempted to call a couple of Alarm.com vendors to get them to assist but none were willing to help unless they had me under contract or an existing client. I think I will need someone to come out to resolve the issue as the wireless contact will look ugly on my new door and quite visible. I don’t see how I can track down the wire and if it will work on the takeover device. Any way I can get an alarm vendor to come out to assist from Alarm.com?

What are the options for a wireless sensor for doors?

Surety is a DIY Alarm.com service provider. We do not perform installation of devices and we do not send installers for maintenance.

If you are uncertain whether the wired sensor is physically wired properly to the TAKE-345, a good option might be to use the wired input of a DW10 Door/Window contact.

Your wired front door sensor could be wired to a DW10’s input, using the DW10 as a transmitter, nearby the door instead of at the Takeover module side. Alternatively, you could just try using a DW10 as a surface wireless contact on the door instead.

A similar use case to give you an idea how it works is found here:

Yeah I knew Surety does not have physical support. It is difficult to find a competent Alarm.com provider in my area to assist. I am thinking I may be able to add DW10 and paint it to make it less noticeable.