Replace with Qolsys?

I am interested in the Qolsys IQ system. I have an existing (older) hardwired alarm system that I am seeking to replace, and I would need a hardware translator (takeover) module. But I don’t see such a device listed on the product offerings on your site. Do you sell such a module?

We do not sell a GE wireless signal takeover module. A couple different options are available to accomplish this.

One is the new Hardwire 16. (16 zone module) May not be widely available yet.

Another is the RE108. (8 zone module)

...interested in the Qolsys IQ system. I have an existing (older) hardwired alarm system...I would need a hardware translator (takeover) module

The RE108 GE 8 zone wireless takeover module is $79

I do not think you can use this for life safety devices (smokes, CO detectors)

For example, say you have 10 door/windows… you will need two RE108 TAKEs

For example, say you have 10 door/windows… you will need two RE108 TAKEs

… or an RE108 (8 zones) and an RE101 (2 zones).

Correct, no smoke or CO detectors on translators or wired → wireless transmitters.

I’m looking to upgrade an old hardwired system. I’d like to use the Qolsys panel. I don’t see the Hardwire 16 in the store. Is there a way to order the Qolsys Hardwire 16 with my first order? If not, is there somewhere else online that I could order it from?

thanks
~ Paul

The Hardwire 16 should actually be added shortly to the store. I’d imagine within a week or so.

Apart from the number of zones supported (8 v/s 16) is there any other difference between the RE108 and the Hardwire 16? I have an older hard-wired DSC system - will both RE108 and Hardwire 16 work with this panel?

The Hardwire 16 provides power for 12VDC devices like Motion Detectors and Glass Breaks, and it includes a hardwired siren output and battery circuit. It is intended to fully replace your old alarm panel board.

I see - thanks for the info!