Repeat Radio: Loss of Supervision

Hello-
I discovered an error reported by my 2GIG: “Repeat Radio: Loss of Supervision”.

I installed a RE220T long range repeater over 6 weeks ago just to be safe on getting signal to the panel from the far side of the house. Up to this point I’ve had no issues with any sensors or the repeater reporting in.

I checked the RE200T and the power supply & wired hasn’t been disturbed. Upon inspection, no LEDs were lit so I tapped on the case and the green LED came on, then the RED starting showing activity. This was curious… I wired this myself – its not a hard job and the terminals should be really darn secure (as I used spades ends.)

Has anyone experience something like this or have ideas on what caused the outage? I’ll keep an eye on it.

-T

RepeatRadioError.jpg

I’m not seeing any trouble with it on our end. Is it still showing loss of supervision on the control panel? It may have to do with the number sensors on your system. The more sensors there are the more likely the wireless signals collide with each other and one supervision message might not get through. If it becomes a hassle you might even consider disabling supervision on the repeater. If it stopped working you would know because the further out sensors that depend on the repeater would show loss of supervision.

After I tapped on the case and the LEDs came on (which might have been coincidental) the malfunction cleared. No wireless sensors failed to report in during the malfunction, either. I added the RE220T a week or two after the main sensor installation because I had low signal levels but even then none were failing to report in. I think the system would function without the RE220T but I added it for extra measure.

If there was a problem with the power supply, the RE220T would report a loss of power, correct? I.e. it wouldn’t report a loss of supervision.

I have my 2GIG just about fully populated with wireless sensors. I’m at 45 or so I think so.

Thanks
-T

If there was a problem with the power supply, the RE220T would report a loss of power, correct? I.e. it wouldn’t report a loss of supervision.

I don’t think it can report a loss of power. It can report a malfunction or low battery. It doesn’t “report” a loss of supervision. Loss of supervision means the control panel didn’t receive an expected “I’m OK” message from it. That could be caused by a wireless signal collision.