Remote Panic Loss of Supervision

Hi Guys,

Our remote panic (2GIG-PANIC1-345) routinely loses supervision, causing a trouble alert and forced bypass. I’ve changed the battery twice with no effect on the malfunction. It occurs even when the panic button is placed right on top of the master panel. When left inactive for a day or so, it loses contact with the panel. If you press the panic button, it regains contact with panel and ends malfunction for anywhere from 1 to 5 days. Is this a defective unit?

My wife and kids have their phones with them far more reliably than the single panic button. Is there a way to panic the alarm from the phone interface?

Thanks as always,
-Tim

Our remote panic (2GIG-PANIC1-345) routinely loses supervision, causing a trouble alert and forced bypass. I’ve changed the battery twice with no effect on the malfunction. It occurs even when the panic button is placed right on top of the master panel

What is the signal shown for it on walktest mode when installed at location and at panel?

If signal is weak, it can be one of two things:

Damaged transceiver
Defective PANIC1

If no other sensors report weak signals (test all sensors in walk test), then it is most likely a defective sensor which should be replaced.

You would want supervision disabled if this Panic Button is kept on someone’s person (in a purse, on a keychain, etc.) and would leave the home at times.

Since you mention leaving it right by the panel causes the same issue however, I would presume this to be specific to that sensor. Do you have another Panic button that does not function this way?