Recording Schedules Error

Been getting this for about 30 mins maybe longer when trying to edit any of my Recording Schedules.

That’s a general time-out connection error report. I’m not seeing any problem accessing settings, try closing your browser window and re-opening. Or try using a different browser. Any change?

Different PC and browser tried, no change. I get the error immediately. It does not appear to be pausing as in a timeout.

Are you only seeing it when you press the edit button on the recording schedules? Are you able to access the list of schedules and turn them off/on? Are you noticing it on any other page, like editing notifications, etc?

Just when I click edit on recording schedule, I do not see it on any other pages or when editing notifications. I can also create a new recording schedule and not have the issue editing it. I suppose I could delete all my recording schedules and readd them but that would be a pain.

That is very strange, I am able to pull a read-only version without trouble.

Have you logged out and logged back into Alarm.com as a test?

I get the error immediately.

When you see the error, press CTRL + F5. Any change?

Have you logged out and logged back into Alarm.com as a test?
Yes

When you see the error, press CTRL + F5. Any change?
No change

The lock was showing Malfunction in alarm.com. I get this about every day in the morning. Usually by the afternoon it corrects itself. I am guessing the panel just loses connection to the lock which is about 20 ft away or so. I can also correct it by unlocking/locking the door remotely via Smartthings and that seems to refresh the signal to the panel and alarm.com. Anyway I unlocked/locked the door via Smartthings and that removed the Malfunction message in alarm.com I can now edit the recording schedules.

It would be nice if the panel/alarm.com did not show Lock Malfunction every morning.

It would be nice if the panel/alarm.com did not show Lock Malfunction every morning.

Malfunctions reported by the system will show up unless the underlying cause is resolved. Consider adding a repeating device between the lock and the panel to ensure Z-wave communication to the device is not lost. I do see some failed messages counted in the Z-wave network diagnostics, which are likely due to the lock.

That is interesting though and unexpected that the video schedules would throw an error. Were you attempting to edit one specifically referring to lock activity? Recording schedules unrelated to lock activity shouldn’t be affected I would assume. We’ll see if we can recreate this on a test system.

Yes it appears recording schedules related to the lock need to the to be up and functioning or it will throw that error when you try to edit an existing recording schedule related to lock activity.