Reconnecting Skybell Trim Plus After Changing to Surety

I decided to go with Surety for security. Prior to signing up, my Skybell was connected to the IQ Panel 2 and working properly with the panel, smart phone, and web thru my laptop. In order to sign up for security through Surety, my Alarm.com account had to be deleted and then I had to set it back up through Surety. My thermostats, front porch light, and front door lock showed up automatically in the new Alarm.com account. However, my garage doors and Skybell doorbell video camera did not show up. I can’t find how to reconnect them to the system so they show up in Alarm.com. Please advise.

Happy to assist!

In order to use the Alarm.com SkyBell, the SkyBell Video add on would be required. This add on is an additional $3.00 /mo and can be added to your account via the System Manager feature in your Surety account dashboard. Once added, the Skybell can be added to your account via the Alarm.com mobile app.

Which garage door are you referring to? MyQ? LiftMaster/Chamberlain MyQ can be added to your account via Alarm.com. Navigate to Settings -> Devices -Automation Devices -> LiftMaster Integration to get started.