Radio Not Responding - Wifi Backup?

Hi,

I am currently out of town, and I received a “Radio Not Responding” alert on my phone. I’ve search through the forum, and I will try the various solutions (powering down the panel for 20 minutes) when I get home. In the meantime…

I had always assumed that the cellular signal was just a backup for the wifi. Or at least, if one went down it would just use the other. My router says that the panel is still connected to the internet via wifi, and I can see it is sending/receiving data. Even so, I have no access to the system at all. I can’t see events, and I can’t arm/disarm. Is this the way it is supposed to work?

The panel is a IQ Panel 2 Plus - Verizon.

Thanks!

I had always assumed that the cellular signal was just a backup for the wifi. Or at least, if one went down it would just use the other.

Cellular is primary, wifi is concurrent backup. Looks like at the time both of those were out, a reboot would typically be the first recommendation if you do not have any issues with wifi at the time.

It looks like you’ve resolved this condition however as there is no current trouble and both cellular and broadband pings are successful when sent today.

Another consideration would be updating the firmware to one of the latest versions:

Yes, shutting down via the panel for 20 mins and restarting cleared the issue.

Checking via the panel, no software updates are available.

It’s a little disconcerting to have both wifi and cellular offline at the same time, with the only way to deal with that requiring physical access to the panel. Just so I know, that’s not the way it is supposed to work, correct? In theory, wifi should have taken over as backup. I know this isn’t your product…I’m just trying to wrap my head around this!

Thanks!

Checking via the panel, no software updates are available.

Your panel is at 2.5.2. There are quite a few newer versions. You’ll need to enter the patch tag for the version you want to download per the update thread.

Just so I know, that’s not the way it is supposed to work, correct?

No, Cellular is primary, wifi is concurrent backup. Looks like at the time both of those were out, a reboot would typically be the first recommendation if you do not have any issues with wifi at the time.

Generally if one communication path fails the panel will communicate still via the other one.

If both fail, troubleshooting is required. Broadband can be impacted by router settings, firewall status, routing bugs, bandwidth steering, etc.

Ah, got it. I thought I could just check for updates from the panel–I didn’t know I needed to specify the patch name. I’ve updated now to the most recent version. If it happens again, I will start a new thread. Thanks for your help!