Questions about Alarm.com Service with suretyDIY

I just ordered a 2GIG system and only found links to your company after I arranged the purchase. I have a few questions…

1.  I am curious how to sign up for Alarm.com via Suretydiy?

2.  What are the expected taxes to go atop the $27.95 monthly fee in Los Angeles, CA (90045)?

3.  What and where is the monitoring station used for this area?

4.  I am certain I will need to update firmware, is it simplest and cheapest to do that via the cell link once I have an account?

5.  Is there a means of adding live IP (or other) video to the property at a later date?

6.  Finally, I already bought an ATT module (2GIG GC33A-A 3G).  I do not have it in hand to check out the serial number, but hoped it is the correct one to use with your service?

Your first question is addressed in this forum post.: http://suretydiy.com/forums/topic/how-do-i-get-monitoring-setup/

Let me address some of the ones that aren’t answered there.

1. The added taxes would be the local sales tax of the service location. After a quick Google search, the current rate for the zip code you mention appears to be 9%. Our data entry team identifies this rate as part of your order processing.

2. suretyCAM is a member/owner of Monitoring America. We’re a CSAA 5 Diamond rated, IQ Certified, UL Listed, and blazing fast central station. Read here for more information.

3. The best way to update your firmware is by purchasing an update cable. This will allow you to update the firmware for free every time there is a new update available. Update cables as well as the link for the newest firmware can be found here: http://suretydiy.com/product/2gig-usb-firmware-update-cable-ts1-4-pin-extender/

4. Since DIY service is month to month, you can add cloud video service at any time to your existing account. It is an additional $5/mo.

5. The GC33A-A 3G should be compatible. However, it does require at least a firmware version of 1.9.6 or above. There is a link in the forum post above for determining if the cellular module you have purchased is locked out or not.

Will there be any lock out policy to my panel?

Will surety release/unregister my cell module if I cancel my service plan?

Will I have full control/access of my panel?

What exactly do I have to do on my end after my purchase has been process and service is activate?

Will there be any written documentation regarding my service plan?

Will I be notify that my service is now activate?

Thanks

Sy

Will there be any lock out policy to my panel?

Nope. suretyDIY will not lock out your panel for any reason.

Will surety release/unregister my cell module if I cancel my service plan?

The equipment is 100% yours to own. If you decide for whatever reason to leave suretyDIY, we will release the cell module. To cancel, all you need to do is let us know at least 10 days before the next scheduled billing date.

Will I have full control/access of my panel?

Absolutely, as a DIY customer, you can do anything you want with your panel. You can add, remove, and change sensors. You can add Z-Wave devices (provided you have Gold Interactive).

What exactly do I have to do on my end after my purchase has been process and service is activate?

After you click submit on your purchase, you will be provided with a survey asking for all the pertinent details necessary to program your equipment and setup your Alarm.com and monitoring account. You will also be emailed detailed instructions on everything you need to do in order to get your system/account activated.

Will there be any written documentation regarding my service plan?

There is no hard copy version of your service plan (unless you print it out). But you will have a receipt emailed to you and the details of the service plan can be found on our website.

Will I be notify that my service is now activate?

Once you complete the steps to activate your system/account, your account will be activated. It’s always a good idea to test the system and make sure everything is communicating properly. Instructions on how to test the system will also be emailed once your order has been processed.