Question??? Using 2 gig PIR1

I’ve installed ge smart switch for my driveway and now I’m wanting to use my motion detector to set a rule to turn the light on and off at different times. I just need help setting up in the panel with out giving false alarms. Thanks.

To clarify, are you trying to program an outdoor motion detector to never trip an alarm but be used for notifications and rule triggers?

If so, then you would want to program it as the following:

RF Sensor Type: (23) No Response Type
RF Sensor Equipment Type: Motion
RF Sensor Equipment Code: 2GIG PIR1-345
RF Sensor Serial Number: Shift – Learn – Trip or Tamper Sensor
RF Sensor Equipment Age: New
RF Sensor Loop Number: 1
RF Sensor Dialer Delay: Disabled
RF Sensor Voice Descriptor: As Desired
RF Sensor Reports: Enabled
RF Sensor Supervised: Enabled
RF Sensor Chime: As desired, can be changed out of programming, though I wouldn’t recommend it for a motion detector.

Thanks that’s what I was looking for. So even if the alarm is set it will not go off if the motion is detected right? That’s what I’m trying to make sure.

I need it to detecte motion even if the alarm is not set also. Say we have the alarm disarmed and we walk out the light will still turn on.

So even if the alarm is set it will not go off if the motion is detected right? That’s what I’m trying to make sure.
I need it to detecte motion even if the alarm is not set also. Say we have the alarm disarmed and we walk out the light will still turn on.

Correct, that is what (23) No Response Type does. The sensor never triggers alarms but can still be used for activity monitoring or rule activation.