Question for a non account

Hey guys I need a little info see what u all might think could be causing the issue but at My work we have 2 different alarms one in the front office and one in the back office front alarm is a vista commercial panel and back is Bosch but for some reason the front office we have a wireless door contact on a door that goes between the 2 and it’s been a problem for awhile company won’t fix it so I’m curious to watch would cause a sensor to say open when the door is closed

There are a number of common possible causes if a wireless door sensor is not showing the correct status:

• Distance from sensor to receiver.
  • Low sensor battery/borderline low causing loss of signal power.
  • Distance between magnet and sensor too far for magnetic gap. Possibly due to misalignment.
  • Metal frame/door which can have an impact on both signaling and magnetic gap.
  • If it is always wrong, Incorrect loop number.
  • Failing sensor hardware.

I know the system has been in the building since I think 1997 I believe when the building was built and only thing has been replaced since have we had the building was the keypad because the button warm out but Idk if the sensor battery ever been replaced I tried tampering it the other day and usual if u tamper a door sensor on vista panel the keypad starts beeping rapidly but it didn’t even do that so I’m concerned the sensor most likely bad and also if not the whole system

The alarm itself is so messed up it don’t have a siren that actual is connected it went off about 2 weeks ago on that door and I was in the back office didn’t know it till
Campus police showed up

But the sensor will say act up tonight and tommorow it be fine so it’s weird

The alarm itself is so messed up it don’t have a siren that actual is connected it went off about 2 weeks ago on that door and I was in the back office didn’t know it till
Campus police showed up

I would strongly recommend having the service provider perform maintenance and resolve this quickly.

I know the system has been in the building since I think 1997 I believe when the building was built and only thing has been replaced since have we had the building was the keypad because the button warm out but Idk if the sensor battery ever been replaced

Batteries would not last anywhere near that long. A CR123A battery would last 3-8 years typically depending on the sensor model and usage.

If no one has replaced the battery in 23 years, it would be very much dead.

The problem is we had the local company that’s monitors come several times and say it’s fixed but still messes up and simple fact it’s setting the alarm off falsely is a problem in it self they all ready had been fined in the past cause false dispatches

For the sensor I would recommend looking for the potential issues described in the original response. Most of those can cause intermittent issues, aside from incorrect loop.

I can give advice on placement/magnet distance if you would like to post a photo of the sensor with the door closed and provide the model number of the sensor.

Ok I’ll look tonight the door sensor looks like a ge crystal sensor but it’s Honeywell

These r what the motions look like

I know admin assistant has been looking at possible changing company’s with a whole new system would u think an Iq panel with powerg would work there is even smoke detectors on the system but don’t believe there connected

The motions barley detect I thought about pricing for a whole new system possibly with you all making it 1 alarm maybe doing partition or at least add a secondary keypad to back off and then 1 in the front but how many can u put on a system

would u think an Iq panel with powerg would work there

Most likely yes. If the current sensors are wired, you could use the Hardwire 16 F to take them over or they could be replaced with standard RF or DSC PowerG sensors depending on distance.

The smokes may already be connected to a commercial fire system and that would be completely separate from the Qolsys setup.

alarm maybe doing partition or at least add a secondary keypad to back off and then 1 in the front but how many can u put on a system

Partition is possible with the Qolsys IQ panel 2.

The IQP2+ can use up to 5 of the PowerG WS9LCDWF9 keypads or up to 3 IQ Remote touchscreens.

There isn’t any existing fire alarm unfortunately I’m guessing they use to be connected or r connected to the alarm panel

If that is the case, then they may be able to be re-used with the Qolsys system through the Hardwire 16F, assuming they are hardwired smokes, as the HW16-F supports up to 10 two-wire smoke detectors

I’m gonna price for a whole new alarm system as well cameras and automation

this is the first time in my whole life seen an interlogix sensor working on a vista

Does your Vista system have a wireless translator? Or 319.5 MHz receiver?

I haven’t seen any i the wireless receiver is. a weird looking one

Wireless translator would likely look like this.

Feel free to post an image of any equipment you aren’t able to identify if you think it might be a receiver for the system.