Question about tilt sensor

Hello I was wanting to see if u could tell me what would cause a Honeywell tilt sensor to go offline this sensor is on a shed door I have

Is this a new sensor or an older sensor? Has it worked correctly before?

RF wireless sensors go offline or into malfunction for a number of reasons including:

• Distance from sensor to panel is too great.
  • Impedance - An object may be blocking the frequency transmission between the sensor and the panel. Typically the result of the sensor being mounted on or near metal objects, HVAC, and large appliances.
  • Drained battery a low battery can cause these issue, even before the low battery warning hits.

This information is relevant to all wireless sensors, not just Honeywell.

First think I would check is the battery. Replacing the battery will usually resolve the issue if this sensor has been otherwise functioning well for a while.

Well this sensor is brand new pretty much and it’s on r shed door outside cause it’s roll up one but it wouldn’t surprise me with the battery cause I had to replace the battery’s in my powerg smokes that aren’t even a year old which I did that a couple weeks ago cause they all went dead same time but the current provider isn’t help me so I can’t wait to get going with u all by end of the month

If its a new sensor, and the batteries test ok, then its likely distance or metal.

How far away from the panel is the sensor and what types of materials does the sensor signal pass through?

I’m gonna say distance is about 20ft away maybe a little bit longer and mainly mental

Provided battery isnt the issue, try bringing the sensor closer to the panel and testing. If it triggers correctly, that will help to rule out the sensor itself being faulty.

If possible, don’t mount the tilt on metal although that might be tough if the roll up door is metal.

Considering the sensor is outside i can’t bring it any closer and the we had the sensor for about 3 months now or 4 which first time we have had issues but it already cleared now but just wasn’t sure why it do it

If this issues would happen anymore what is my options if I replace the sensor

If the metal is potentially causing an issue an option would be to go with a wired garage contact and use a wireless sensor with a wired input as a transmitter.

For a location without regulated temperature and humidity I’d recommend using an outdoor rated sensor. For the IQ Panel 2+ I would recommend the PG9312

Ok if we continue with issues I’ll look at them options