Question about iq

Hey guys how highly do u all recommend the iq panel 2 plus I’m trying to decide on changing from my 2gig gc 2 system so I need some people’s options

Its definitely our number one choice for Alarm.com compatible panels for a few reasons.

• Security of wireless transmission with S-Line Encryption and Power G sensor compatibility.
  • Its quite DIY friendly with intuitive controls and easy to understand programming.
  • Qolsys releases firmware on a more frequent basis to release new features/compatibility.
  • Video to panel with many Alarm.com compatible panels.
  • More aesthetically pleasing footprint along with a bigger capacitive touch screen

Ok great I’m gonna start looking at upgrading my parents home to the Iq panel I believe cause we had some issues lately with the 2gig so I think it better prob just upgrade since it also has a bigger screen which is somthing my mom wants but do u recommend getting the 345 to replace the panel or just 319 and replace all sensors and everything I know I’m gonna have to look at sirens cause I’ll have replace outdoor siren anyways since it won’t work prob with a Iq panel

do u recommend getting the 345 to replace the panel or just 319

This would be up to you. You could use the IQ Panel 2+ with 345MHz radio and re-use 2GIG 345MHz sensors.

You would not be able to use an 319.5MHz Qolsys sensors with that version of the panel, including S-Line. However, for encryption you would still have access to PowerG sensors.

Keep in mind, any secondary panels (like the 2GIG TS1) or any Image Sensors in use with the 2GIG panel could not be used with the Qolsys IQ Panel 2 with 345Mhz radio.

You can find the Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ w/ 345Mhz radio here.

Is there any sirens you recommend for the system the would be outside

The DSC PowerG PG9911 is a Power G Outdoor siren. It has a 110dB Siren with strobe light with a high wireless transmission range.

do they work good on the Iq panel

The PG9911 outdoor siren is tested compatible by Qolsys for use with the Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ series of panels.

Were do u all recommend purchasing that siren from

My only thing I don’t want to loose would be the wireless 2gig doorbell would I just need a translator to fix this issue with the 319

My only thing I don’t want to loose would be the wireless 2gig doorbell would I just need a translator to fix this issue with the 319

Thats correct, a translator like the RE524X Universal Translator could be used if you wanted to go with the Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ w/ 319.5MHz radio but still use the 2GIG DBELL1-345

Were do u all recommend purchasing that siren from

While we do not currently stock the PowerG PG9911 Outdoor Siren, it looks like they can be found from a variety of vendors online, including Amazon. Keep in mind, you do not have to purchase compatible items from Surety in order to use them with our service.

Ok great thanks I’m just trying figure out my best route on the new panel What’s keeps pushing me towards the 319 panel is so that I can use secures sensors which is a big deal these days because of the hacking

Understandable. Keep in mind that PowerG is an encrypted protocol and is included with both the 345MHz and 319.5Mhz versions of the IQP2+

Ok I will look in too this an hopefully have a full new system soon I know it gonna cost a little bit but it will be worth it

Question when I do get the Iq panel and I switch over to it on the manger area will the surety logo display already when I do the cell test or do you all have to do that on ur all side and also if u have to do it on ur side is this somthing that could be done before it ships

Panels are sent new/unopened, so the logo would be the default Qolsys logo.

A Surety logo is pushed to the IQ Panel when connecting to service for the first time.

Ok great