Qolsys Tilt-S cannot be auto leaned

Hi,

I recently bought a qolsys tilt sensor for my garage door, but no matter what I did I couldn’t get it learned by my IQ panel 2. I changed the batteries to make sure it’s not the batteries problem and I did temper with the sensor as instructed in the instruction. Nothing would let my panel 2 learn it

Just a guess, but is it possible you don’t have the 319MHz transceiver in your panel? When I go to System Tests → Daughter Cards Test, one of the cards I see is SRF-319 – do you see one of those?

1 Like

I don’t see a connected Surety subscription so I cannot confirm the panel model, but the other poster brings up what I would first consider.

The IQ Panel 2+ comes in 3 different legacy radio versions, 319.5, 345, and 433 mhz. 319.5 is most common and would be compatible with IQ S-Line sensors, but it might not be what you have, at least based off the limited info we have.

Do you have other IQ S-Line sensors? What are the model numbers of some of your other sensors?

Thanks! I guess this is the root cause because I only have these under daughterboard test.
Is it possible to retrofit other legacy frequencies (319, 345)?

Based on that image, yes you have the DSC 433MHz version, either the QS9201-4208-840 (Verizon) or the QS9202-4208-840 (AT&T) which can be confirmed on the backplate of the unit.

The panel you have can use DSC brand 433MHz sensors and DSC brand PowerG (all versions of the IQ Panel 2+ can use PowerG)

Qolsys does not sell the radio cards separately for the different versions (319.5, 345)

How many S-Line 319.5 MHz sensors do you have? What about 433Hz DSC sensors?

I see. Thanks! All my sensors are marked as SRF433 so I believe all of them are 433mhz. I have door/window sensors, motion sensors, and CO and Smoke sensors, all of which are under SRF433.

One more question - I heard that IQ Panel 2+ supports all legacy frequencies including 319.5, 345, and 433. Why does mine only support 433? Does it mean I have a IQ panel 2 not a 2+?

One more question - I heard that IQ Panel 2+ supports all legacy frequencies including 319.5, 345, and 433. Why does mine only support 433? Does it mean I have a IQ panel 2 not a 2+?

That’s only partially correct. The IQ Panel 2+ comes in a few flavors, each one supports either 319.5, 345, or 433 however, none of them support all three frequencies at the same time.

If your existing sensors are 433Mhz they should have no problem learning into the alarm panel you have.

I see. Thanks! So this means for this particular Tilt-S tilt sensor, my panel can’t learn it because it’s 319.5 not 433, right? In this case, do you have any tilt sensor in your mind that supports 433mhz?

Thanks!
Frank

see. Thanks! So this means for this particular Tilt-S tilt sensor, my panel can’t learn it because it’s 319.5 not 443, right?

That is correct.

In this case, do you have any tilt sensor in your mind that supports 443mhz?

We don’t carry any 433MHz sensors and Qolsys has not listed any specific models that have been tested as compatible. However most 433MHz tilts should function properly. Something like the Alula/Resolution Products RE306 Tilt Sensor for DSC 433 might fit the bill but local testing would be required.