Qolsys Panel 2 Plus QS9201-5208-840

I have a Qolsys Panel 2 Plus with the 345 Module.

In looking at the unit it appears that the module can be removed.

Can I unscrew the 345 Module and replace it with the 319? If so, where can I buy the 319 module?

Regards,

Chris

The panels are sold in different skus and the radios themselves are not available for purchase individually.

I have not tried cannibalizing one of the radios from one panel to swap it into a different panel, but if I had to guess I would say no, there is likely to be problems caused by that.

The software would need to support the specific radio and I am not sure if the panel is going to fluidly load the right programming options when you physically swap out the radio. I highly doubt it.

I’ll double check with Qolsys and report back to be sure!

Thanks Jason.

I would love to know if I can just swap a module. I would reach out to Qolsys directly, but they only allow dealers to contact them.

Qolsys indicates that it is technically possible, but the cards are not sold individually.

Did you recently buy the panel? Are you looking to replace 345 sensors?

Keep in mind you also have the option to add PowerG sensors regardless of the legacy radio, which are more secure and powerful than 319.5 options.

I bought the unit within the last 6 mo. The issue is that I need a really small sensor and I am able to find sensors that are small that are 319, but not in the 345.

I was going to replace all of my 345 with PowerG and just use the 319 for some of my automation.

Just to clarify, do you mean a small door/window sensor?

If it needs to be narrow, have you looked at the 5820L ?

If overall small how about the 5800MINI ?