Qolsys IQ Plus 2 Panel Reports Incorrect Sensor Status

I am not able to arm my panel before going to bed because the panel reported a door was opened after the panel was armed message. A door was never opened. Also, the panel keeps stating that various sensors are open when they are not. For example, “Back door open.” I am using 2 Gig sensors that were working properly prior to switching out my 2 Gig Go panel to the Qolsys IQ Panel 2 Plus. Please advise. Thanks.

Programming 345 Mhz door sensors this is a common result of using the wrong loop number. The loop informs the panel which sensor function is reporting/which to listen to.

Door sensors often have a wired input and a built in reed switch. If just using the built in reed switch and a magnet, the loop must be set at 2 for most models.

Can you confirm which sensors beyond the Back Door are currently having issues? I don’t see any sensors reporting open at the moment, have you resolved this issue?

1 Like

I can’t say that I "resolved this issue. :slight_smile: I’m not sure what a “reed switch is,” either, but do I need to switch the loop to “2” as you suggested. FYI, the sensors are wireless, if that helps. Also, I have not had this issue since yesterday. Should I set the loop to “2” anyway as you have suggested? If so, how do I do this? FYI, I am terrified to arm away and get a false alarm due to sensor going off inaccurately.

Update: Left Back Window Sensor just issued false alarm while panel was armed. I disarmed the panel ane opened and closed the Left Back WIndow Sensor and there was no sound from that sensor. I deleted that sensor and re-learned it and tested the sensor. I also had one again for the Back Door sensor. I have currently armed stay the panel to see if/when any sensors go off. Pleas advise.

To best assist, which sensors were causing an issue and what model of sensor are they?

The model will determine which loop they need to be.

The sensors are 2 Gig and I do not know the model number. Below are photos the door and window sensors. Hopefully, that helps.

Those are DW10-345 and they are one of the models that use Loop 2.

It looks like your door and window sensors are currently set up for Loop 2 in programming so they should be good, assuming the IDs are correct.

I disarmed the panel ane opened and closed the Left Back WIndow Sensor and there was no sound from that sensor.

Can you clarify do you mean you removed the sensor cover? (Tamper the sensor) or did you just slide open the window?

Go to the Back Door sensor and remove the sensor cover like you would to open and replace the batteries.

Does the panel indicate that the Back Door has been tampered?

No, I did not remove the sensor cover. I just opened and closed the door and window that the panel reported as open. Per your request, I removed the Back Door sensor cover and did receive the, “Back Door has been tampered” message. I cleared the message from the panel, deleted the Back Door sensor from the Sensors List and then Re-learned the sensor. I had to do this because after the tamper message, I was not receiving any audio from that sensor, for example, “Back Door Open.”

Note that the sensor that reported a tamper in history is labelled “Back Glaas Door”

When tampering this sensor, it reported audibly at the panel, correct? What happens if you open the door fully, wait a couple seconds, then close the door. Does it report to the panel? Is it audible?

I apologize. It’s been a long day. I was suppposed to remove the sensor covers for Left Back Window and Back Door, which are the sensors that issued false alarms while my panel was armed, right? To answer your other question, "When tampering this sensor, it reported audibly at the panel, correct? Yes, the sensor reported as tampered in the panel. and “What happens if you open the door fully, wait a couple seconds, then close the door?” The panel kept reporting the Back Door sensor as “tampered” and a few minutes later the panel reported no status at all from the Back Door sensor when door was reopened, as in there was no audible sound coming from the panel. Same inaudible situation with the Left Back Window, which I did not do a tamper test. I deleted both sensors from the panel and re-learned them, now sensors appear to be working fine. Does it report to the panel? Is it audible? For both sensors, there was a point where the panel did not report an audible signal, but as mentioned, I deleted both sensors from the panel and re-learned them. Could you tell me if I should change to Loop 2? I mentioned this in a previous message where I provided photos of the sensors in discussion.

For both sensors, there was a point where the panel did not report an audible signal, but as mentioned, I deleted both sensors from the panel and re-learned them. Could you tell me if I should change to Loop 2?

Ok, I think what may have happened is you inadvertently resolved the issue by learning them in again.

I am currently looking at the programming I see those sensors are reporting as programmed as Loop 2, so that does not need changed, and if you can confirm that they are working currently and reporting tamper when the cover is removed then they should be good to go.

Just to make sure, do you have any 345 Mhz signal repeaters installed?