Qolsys IQ Panel 2 Plus and TAKE-345 compatibility

I am getting ready to upgrade from the 2GIG GC2 to the Qolsys IQ Panel 2 Plus Verizon-LTE with PowerG & Legacy Honeywell, 2GIG 345 MHz. My question is, I have two existing 2GIG TAKE-345 with 16 hardwired zones. Everything I have researched says these would be compatible with the Qolsys – is this correct? If so, how would these and the zones be programed into the panel? Is the process different then the hardwire 16-F?

Yes, the TAKE-345 is indeed compatible. The process is different than a Hardwire 16.

The TAKE-345 would be programmed into the IQ Panel 2+ 345mhz version the same way it would into a 2GIG panel.

Generally it is easiest to manually enter the TAKE-345 zones into the panel. The first zone would have its TXID entered as it is written on the takeover module. This number will always end in 1.

For the remaining zones on the takeover module, their serial number is the same number only you change the last digit to match the zone number. xxxxxx2, xxxxxx3, etc.

All TAKE zones use Loop 1.

You should be able to alternatively Auto-Learn them like you would any other wireless sensor by triggering them one at a time. This can be problematic if you have motion detectors though as they might inadvertently trip when you try to activate a different zone, so the motion detectors should be learned in first.