Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ Error Messages

For the past several days my Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ screen has been dark and I received the following “Issue Alerts” on my alarm.com app:

1. Radio Not Responding: indicates that your security panel is not able to communicate with the network

2. Malfunction (IQ Remote 1): indicates this device is either unable to send signals to your security panel or unable to communicate properly.

I also noticed the panels light flashes red and then will begin to flash green. The screen flickers as if it’s about to reboot but then it remains dark and the light flickers res again. It continues to do this. How can I fix this issue? TIA!

Hate to say it but sounds like the panel is gonna need replace how long have u had the panel?

Oh no! I’ve only had the panel for maybe two months.

If you purchased it from surety they can replace it I would send a private message to them cause sounds like the panel has got stuck on something or screen went bad

Thank you! I did purchase from Surety. Just sent them a message. Have a good day.

Ur welcome

I am sorry to hear you are running into this issue, but I am happy to assist. The IQ Remote is in malfunction because the main panel is no longer communicating/functioning correctly. Once the main issue is resolved, this can be fixed by reconnecting the IQ Remote to the main panel.

The first thing you will want to try in this case is to fully power cycle the main panel. To do so:

• Unplug the power supply from the wall.
  • Open the panel and disconnect the internal battery.
  • Wait about 2 minutes, then power up the panel battery first followed by the power supply.
  • Turn the panel on by holding the side button down for about 5 seconds or so.

Any change?

Have any changes been made to the included power supply or cable run? If so, how long is the cable run that is being used?

If you are able to test the voltage at the power supply, what does it read?

Hi Tyler,

Thank you, your suggestion worked!

To answer your questions: no change to power supply or cable run.

I was not able to test the voltage of my power supply.

Is there anything I should be doing to prevent this from happening in the future?

I would recommend updating to the latest firmware via the steps here.