Qolsys IQ 2+ is bypassing garage tilt when using Away Scene to Arm panel and close the garage

Hello,
I recently upgraded from a Simon Xti 5 to a Qolsys IQ 2+ Panel. I love the new one, except I’m running into an issue I can’t seem to fix. We’ve always used the ‘Away’ scene to arm our panel in away mode, lock the front door, and close the garage door. The issue I’m having with the Qolsys Panel is that it’s bypassing the garage door tilt sensor even though it shuts long before the end of the exit delay The sensor remains in bypass mode until I disarm the system. I’ve tried disabling ‘auto-bypass’ but that’ didn’t help. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

This is normal, as the IQ Panel 2+ will force-bypass open zones at the time of the arming command, not the end of the countdown. There is no way to change this that I am aware.

I’m forwarding this to Qolsys though as a feature request, as they should be able to implement this kind of change, especially if it is commonly requested!

In this case the garage door would need to be shut first before arming to make sure the tilt sensor is closed.

I was afraid that would be the case! Ok Jason, thank you very much!

I’ve always had (obviously) that issue too either when arming in away or stay. Ideally it would work in both modes as I primarily use “stay” because the two big dogs roaming the house set the motions off.

This is very annoying as my elderly dad always uses the panel to arm away, and he is out the door before the exit delay however the front door is always bypassed. Has Qolsys changed this yet?

Your issue sounds like it is different from the OP. To clarify, the panel is armed away and during the exit delay countdown, the front door is opened and then fully closed but the sensor reports as bypassed/