Qolsys IQ 2.0?

Hi all,
I have the IQ panel and have had it since it was out. Because I am in Florida, I am unable to have monitored service through Surety, so I use LiveWatch. They have replaced my panel for me no trouble every time a new hardware revision is released. Now on their website, they are marketing the IQ 2.0… basically told me it solves problems like lag users have been experiencing. Does anyone know of anything this “2.0” panel does?

Seriously thinking about going back to my Simon XTi… I really need dedicated and reliable secondary panels…

I should think that would be a designation offered for marketing reasons, not a new version of the panel. What it may refer to is the latest versions of the Qolsys panel now have field upgradeable RFPIC (a bit limitation in the early stages was that RFPIC was not upgradeable, requiring a new panel for compatibility with newer sensor hardware.) However, that is speculation.

I can tell you from having had much troubleshooting experience with both LW and Qolsys that there is no “new” IQ panel to my knowledge. LW probably branded the panel and I do know they switched in the last couple weeks to using Qolsys sensors instead of recommending the GE/Interlogix sensors. So in that sense it’s a 2.0 offering from LW but not an entirely new product.

The only thing new that is coming out is the new IQ2 panel that can be properly wall mounted and powered from behind, which according to my source at Qolsys is 1-2 months away before being released.

Recent software patches like 1.5.2 have done wonders for my setup in terms of stability, and I have a long thread where I was ready to dump the whole system. Try updating your panel with patch tag “systest152” first and then updating your IQ2’s with patch tag “iq215” which should be dated mid january and see if that helps you out. That puts you on the same version as me.

I’m updated to the latest software. I don’t have the IQ2 tablets yet because of how bad athletes are and ugly they look. Waiting for a dedicated secondary panel.

I’ve had my panel replaced multiple times by Live Watch every time a new panel revision comes out to help improve my system stability. Now it’s to the point where there is super serious lag time when arming and disarming.

I came home once and opened the front door, the panel started beeping as if it were tripped, but the screen didn’t change and the buttons didn’t respond. It was a good ten seconds before it unfroze itself and I could disarm the panel. Not cool and certainly not secure.

Hopefully whatever they are sending me will help.

I came home once and opened the front door, the panel started beeping as if it were tripped, but the screen didn’t change and the buttons didn’t respond. It was a good ten seconds before it unfroze itself and I could disarm the panel. Not cool and certainly not secure.

This sounds like a known issue with 1.4.3. Can you check your firmware version? 1.5.1 or 1.5.2 would be what you want to see.

Settings - Master or Installer Code - About. What is the software version listed?