Qolsys 2 plus no voltage on ext. siren port

Not seeing 12v on the external siren ports when I test sirens?

The IQ Panel 2+ siren output does not produce voltage. It is used as a relay. You would need a separate power supply for the siren.

Then you would run the positive side of siren power supply to the siren, and the negative side of the siren to the EXT Siren terminal on the IQ Panel. The GND terminal would then connect to the negative side of the power supply directly.

See the wiring diagram below from the manual:

I solved my problem! Just to give you a rundown in case someone else wants to do this. I have an elk heavy duty relay 912 I believe and a 12/24 volt power supply feeding two 30w sirens with a battery backup and a 16v ac power supply. I have the battery replacing the siren in the diagram you sent me. So when the panel siren goes off it completes the circuit to the elk relay and BAM! all hell breaks loose. Neighbor’s think there’s a cop car on my roof. Not sure why other guys are saying their panel contact is intermittent, my is ROCK SOLID!!! Maybe they need to wire it like mine and try it instead of testing the contact. As I stated, mine works as expected. Thanks for your input and diagram.

Awesome! I gave you some bad information over the weekend. I got confused by another post and should have double checked before I sent it to you. After reviewing it, we’ve updated that post to remove the confusion.

Sorry for the mistake. I’m glad you got it working!