PowerG Wireless Keypad

I am looking to add a keypad for a detached garage roughly 250 feet from the main IQ Panel 2 Plus for very basic functions (Disarm/Arm). I had a few questions about the PowerG Panel and the IQ Remote.

-I am assuming I will get the extended PowerG Range if I use the DSC Keypad since it communicates via PowerG?
-Is the correct keypad model the WS9LCDWF9?

IQ Remote;
-I have two IQ Remotes already in my house and I know they connect to my wifi, how do they communicate with the main IQ 2 Panel (wifi, zwave, PowerG)? I ask this because if I were to get an IQ Remote for the garage, I have Cat5 hardwired underground to the garage to a Orbi Satellite and was curious if I could connect the Remote to this and have full functionality. If this is the case, do zwave devices have to communicate back to the main IQ Panel 2 or can they talk to the Remote panel. Basically I guess I am wondering is if the Remote has a Z-wave or PowerG chip in it since I would like to add some door and motion sensors. If they don’t communicate via the Remote Panel I think my best bet would be stick with PowerG since they have the added range.

Looking for my best option for the garage.

Thanks

BTW, the new forum is a great improvement from the old one. Good work.

3 Likes

-I am assuming I will get the extended PowerG Range if I use the DSC Keypad since it communicates via PowerG?
-Is the correct keypad model the WS9LCDWF9?

Yes, this is the solution you’re likely going to want. That is the correct compatible model of Power G keypad. Note there is a limit of 4 WS9LCDWF9 per panel.

The IQ Remote communicates via Wifi. Unless you have solid wifi at the intended keypad location the Remote would not be viable as an option. The Remote does not have a Z-wave radio either.

I actually use a WS9LCDWF9 in my detached garage, I could probably have gone with the IQ remote panel…but the WS9LCDWF9 has a wider operating temperature, which is a great match for my unconditioned garage. I’ve had a few issues over time, but the later firmware versions on the IQ2+ helped. You may also need to modify the tamper switch on the back of the WS9LCDWF9 as they are a bit finicky and will randomly trigger a tamper alarm at 3am.