PowerG sensors on Qolsys?

Yeah, I need to decide. Just wasn’t sure if the signal hopping of PowerG was that important.I kinda like having the extended battery of the QS1135 but that PG9303 might be just as long, if not longer.

Power G is objectively more secure, but Qolsys S-Line offers premium value security at a price that matches other non-encrypted sensors.

Battery life is always an estimate based on normal expected use, but you should see roughly similar battery life out of either sensor. Power G specifically uses adaptive transmission power, so battery drain will be commensurate to the demands placed on the sensor in terms of usage and range.

Encouraging to see support for the PowerG PIR Sensors with Image Capture on the Qolsys IQ2+ panel is apparently improving based on the following from 2.3.0 release notes.

“Improved integration with the PowerG PIR CAM (PG9934P or PG9944) so that the Panel now captures 10
images from the PIR CAM during an alarm event and stitches them together into a video that is stored locally on the panel. 1 static Alarm Photo from the PIR CAM is also sent to Alarm.com

Still optimistically hoping for someone to actually offer central monitoring with visual verification of alarms for DIYers using this system.

Still optimistically hoping for someone to actually offer central monitoring with visual verification of alarms for DIYers using this system.

Stay tuned! (That is a planned feature)

Stay tuned! (That is a planned feature)

I am currently evaluating options to replace some of my 2Gig PIRs as I install my new Qolsys IQ2+…and this is appealing. Any timelines on when something new around this is coming?

I’ve been looking at the PG9984P or the PG9914 before reading this piece of news, but the PG9934P should truly solve the pet immunity problem with visual verification. Any experience with the PG9984P or PG9914 while we are on the subject of PowerG?

I am currently evaluating options to replace some of my 2Gig PIRs as I install my new Qolsys IQ2+…and this is appealing. Any timelines on when something new around this is coming?

We do not have any ETA as of yet, but we will be announcing on the forum.

I’ve been looking at the PG9984P or the PG9914 before reading this piece of news, but the PG9934P should truly solve the pet immunity problem with visual verification. Any experience with the PG9984P or PG9914 while we are on the subject of PowerG?

The PIR + Microwave PG9984P is more commercial focused and has a smaller pet immunity level, though it can very effectively reduce false alarms by requiring both sensors to trip.

In most circumstances the PG9914 will be just fine for residential application.

I have recently diy installed a Qolsys panel 2 with PowerG. Which of the PowerG DSC image sensor Pirs is best, most compatible and reliable? I see favorable mention here of the PG9934, but also see that the Pg9974 is suggested as an outdoor unit on p 153 of the qolsys iq panel manual. I do have a need for outdoor motions on covered porches.
I realize the Pg9944 is an outdoor camera Pir that will work, but it is rather expensive comparatively. So i ask for thoughts and opinions here. Many thanks.

The models Pg9944 and Pg9974, have different functionality which should be considered when employing one vs the other.

The PG9944 is not just an outdoor PIR, but includes a still image camera and advanced false trigger reduction tech which may not be needed in all circumstances.

The PG9974 is not an outdoor PIR, is not described as one, and does not have the operating temp range to support it, that may be a mistake in the manual. The PG9994 would be an alternative outdoor motion detector (without the integrated still image cam)