Power g sensor failure

How can I submit a warranty claim for one of my sensors that went on the fritz?

Visit the orders page in Suretyhome.com and find the related order where you purchased that sensor. You can click the Request Warranty button and follow the steps.

Thanks Jason

I submitted the claim. I wonder why it failed. Last night I was already in bed, and then got the adc app notification saying “sensor offline” When I got up this morning, I checked the panel, and it was still in “failure” status. I power cycled the sensor, tampered it, and no response to panel. I then deleted it from system and tried to re add it. Which worked for about 5 seconds (it was sending the correct signals to the panel, “open/close”, etc.) then went back to “no signal” “failure” status on the panel. All this time the panel is at most 3ft from the sensor, so I don’t think that it’s a distance or frequency interruption thing. Battery on the sensor seems to be good too. Could it really be something that went wrong on the sensor itself?

Offline is a normal status that occurs when a device fails supervision checks. Below is a general support page going over troubleshooting steps.

PowerG also has adaptive battery, and shortly after adding you may see a not networked error on the panel for sensors, however if the device stops communicating with the panel when only a few feet away you are likely looking at an issue with the sensor.

Got it…thank you

Do you happen to know the turn around time for the warranty process? I don’t feel so comfortable having an entry point unprotected for too long.

We would submit a request to our distributing partner to get the RMA process started, this step can take about a business day.

Once we have the RMA information we follow up with the necessary return information. After the defective item has been received in and processed, a replacement would be sent out. Process can take 7-10 business or so, depending on when the item is received.

You can always opt to purchase a replacement ahead of time and have that order refunded once the defective item has been received in, this will cut down on delay time.

Just let us know once you have done the recommended troubleshooting. If there is no resolution, we can get the RMA process started. You can find our warranty return policy here

Thank you for the response. go ahead and start the rma process. I have already troubleshooted the sensor. I’ll go ahead and place the order by tomorrow so I can have the sensor like you said.

Sounds good, I have sent the necessary information to distribution to get the return process started. Once we have heard back and have the RMA number, customer service will follow up via email with next steps.

Addiitionally, the order for the replacement sensors has been received and is in processing. Once complete, you will receive confirmation and tracking via email.

Thanks Tyler.
I just added the new sensor and it works flawlessly.

Is this a different rma number than the one provided by your website when doing the warranty claim process?

Its a different number. However, distribution has stated that you can just dispose of the faulty shock sensor. No need to send it back.

great thank you

When can I expect the refund for the new sensor to be completed on my payment account?

It looks like customer service followed up with you via email about this on 3/29/2022. The payment for the replacement sensor was voided. Depending on your payment method, this may take a few business days to fall off the associated account.

Thank you Tyler. I didn’t see the email because outlook didn’t prioritize it lol but i did see what you mentioned. Thanks again