Planning hardwire system upgrade, please verify this makes sense

House has an older Concord 4 hardwired system. There are 6 zones wired, and I believe a few glass break detectors and smoke detectors. There are resistors (I believe 2k) wired in at the panel on the sensor zones. There are 2 alarm panels, which are hardwired into a central closet that contains the existing panel.

My plan is to replace everything with a primary IQ 4 Panel, and a secondary panel upstairs (where the 2nd panel currently is). My shopping cart is pictured below… just making sure this all looks right. I don’t really understand the difference between the 319.5 and 345Mhz panels, but the 319.5 seems to have more accessories so I went with that. Any other insights appreciated - as far as I know there are no wireless zones in the house (since the current panel doesn’t support them) and I don’t anticipate needing to add any, although you never know.

I want to locate the IQ4 power supplies in the central closet and wire them into the existing cables that go out to the panels to provide power without having to plug them in at the panel somewhere for a cleaner look (I’ll join the 4 wires into two pairs to simulate a higher gauge). It’s not a terribly far run for power.

I’ll also have to replace the power supply for the Concord 4 with the one for the hardwire-16 as the former is AC and the latter is DC; but there’s an outlet right in the closet so no big deal.

Anything else I’m not anticipating?

Sounds like you got it.

If you are coming from the Concord, there would be no reason to use a 345Mhz panel.

The alternate version IQ Panels are an option to reuse existing sensors if you have a 345 system or a 433 system already that you are replacing.

The Concord, if you have wireless sensors, would be 319.5 Mhz.

If you do not have any wireless sensors, the 319.5 version of the IQ Panel 4 is cheapest, and supports two lines of encrypted sensors.

Smoke detectors often aren’t useable on the Hardwire 16F. Officially it only supports a few specific models of 2-wire smoke detectors listed in the manual. All detectors must be the same model.

The IQ Hardwire PowerG supports more smoke detector variations, but check the dates on those smoke detectors, you’ll want to replace them if they are past the replace by date.

OK thank you - so that shopping cart list looks like everything I’ll need to convert over?

Besides greater some detector support, are there other benefits to going with the IQ Hardwire PowerG vs. the Hardwire 16?

Thank you I had completely missed this part of the response. Same question, wouldn’t it be better then to go with the hardwire powerG unit?

If you are looking for support for smoke detectors, it may make more sense, but again, I would recommend determining whether those smoke detectors should even be used. Often older systems will have expired smoke detectors.

The Hardwire PowerG has better inherent range, due to PowerG, a little more power available for a wired siren should one be added, but only supports 8 zones, and it specifically calls for a 7AH battery, which is not commonly found on existing panels, usually they are 4 or 5.

Does the IQ Hardwire PowerG come with a 7AH battery or does it need to be purchased separately?

Battery needs to be purchased separately, it is not included in the PowerG translator