PG9985 flood detector - always says dry

I recently bought a PG9985 flood detector and a PG9905 temperature detector. I had no trouble triggering a temperature alarm by putting the detector outside, but I can’t seem to get the flood detector to trigger. I auto added the device and it shows sensor type water, sensor group 38 - water sensor, source PowerG. I have alarms enabled for flooding. I then put some water on a plate and put sensor on the plate, ensuring both probes contacted.

I found the setup instructions pretty lacking (e.g., it doesn’t even mention connecting the probe leads to the PCB), but it’s basically the same as the temperature sensor.

Is there some step I’m missing?

How much time passed between opening/mounting the sensor and testing?

After tampering the PG9985 it will go into a signal test mode for 15 minutes.

Looks like the panel is reporting the device is currently tampered, and there are a lot of trouble conditions and tampers reported for that sensor.

Make sure the sensor housing is closed and the wiring is routed through the plate.

Thank you for the quick reply. I connected everything again, made sure the wires are connected to the PCB, and closed the cover. I guess I needed slightly deeper water, as I was able to get it to trigger.