Panel won’t disarm

I had an alarm event last night, and since then the panel is unresponsive and stuck in an armed state.

Neither the app or direct commands on the panel will disarm the system.

Help!!

Did it freeze and it is still powered but unresponsive? Or is the panel powered off at the moment?

I can see that no commands or any signaling has gone through since that alarm event. Is the screen 100% unresponsive to all input? If so hold the button on the right side of the panel for about 30 seconds. The panel should reboot. If it does not, let us know.

I would recommend placing your monitoring account on test mode in the system manager first actually, since the panel was never disarmed it would boot back up into an alarm mode.

The panel was a dark screen and unresponsive to touch commands.

I tried the button on the side and it powered up disarmed with with a red “acknowledge alarm” message and prompted me to enter a code which I did.

Of course it powered up with the volume control set to maximum. That was pleasant.

Question: why did it do that? Unresponsive and unprotected seems like a pretty poor state for it to default to.

why did it do that? Unresponsive and unprotected seems like a pretty poor state for it to default to.

Do you mean why did it freeze? I am not certain why the error occurred. It looks like the panel was slow to report the pending alarm and it was processing an automation rule at that time.

What is your power cable gauge and length? I would recommend updating to the latest firmware version to ensure all the latest bug fixes/patches are on the system.

If you mean why did it boot up in the state you saw, it looks like you had sent a bunch of disarm remote commands, most timed out but the last two hit the panel as soon as it booted up and connected, so the panel likely got disarmed immediately.

It looks like the panel was slow to report the pending alarm

Nvm on this, I thought it looked odd that there was 7 seconds between the pending alarm and the confirmed one, but it looks like you have dialer delay set to 7 seconds, so no indication of slowness before the freeze.

The power brick and cable are the ones that were in the box with the panel. I’m guessing the cable run itself is about 48” in the wall as the panel is mounted directly over an outlet which is at the standard height and the brick is plugged in there. The battery showed 99% and charging right after power up so it didn’t suffer a power event and attempt to run on battery.

Yes we sent a bunch of commands after the alarm event at 1:24 am. None were acknowledged.

It powered up disarmed but still wanted me to enter a PIN to acknowledge the alarm so it wasn’t fully stable.

I’ll check the firmware version later today.

The version is showing as 4.3.0. Let me know if you notice any reactivity issues on the screen after the update.

I ran the 4.4.0 update a bit ago. The panel seems ok but still quite concerning especially since trying to troubleshoot at 1:30 am after being awakened by an alarm is not in the cards.

We can reach out to Qolsys to see if they are able to look into the panel logs and identify anything. Would you like us to try and send those over?

Yes please, I think that would be prudent.

J.P.