Panel siren and paired sirens with smokes

Dumb question, I assume if a smoke detector triggers dur to fire the panel siren and any external sirens will sound? I would never hear the panel siren in my basement so I am looking at the IQ Siren so that if anything triggers (especially say the upstairs smoke) that the panel siren and any paired external sirens will sound as well.

Correct. If using the IQ Siren, those would sound, as well as the panel, IQ Remote and the RF smoke.

Do you have the IQ Panel 2+? The PowerG smokes (if connected) are one go all go, which is nice.

I highly recommend the powerg smokes if one goes they all go and also u can add additional powerg sirens if need louder sound

I was thinking about them. I think my panel is a 2+ even though the label says 2 if I try and manually enter a sensor Power G is in the drop down menu. Would it be I. The menu if I did not have a 2+? The other advantage of the siren is if I am in the basement and somebody tries to gain entry on main floor I would hear the alarm. I had seen a few posts about short battery life on the Power G, if it lasts at least 2 years I am good as I change all sensor batteries every 2 years.

If you access the Daughter Card Test section and don’t see PowerG Test as an option, you don’t have the card. This is found in Settings > Advanced Settings > System Tests

Keep in mind, the IQ Siren is Z-Wave. Having a strong Z-Wave network is advised. More information on that can be found below:

Excellent, seems I have a 2+. I do have a decent z-wave network I need to make sure the basement has a strong signal, but I did have a switch down there on Z-wave for a while and it seemed to work. I might do a Siren and some Power C