Panel reports Battery Unplugged

My Qolsys panel suddenly started reporting that the Battery is unplugged. I’ve had this panel for a little over a year. What’s the procedure for resolving this issue? Open up the back and try reattaching the battery (and how to do that safely)? Replacement battery?

If you unplug AC and open the panel, the battery connector is the long thin white connector near the bottom of the panel.

Is this connector or any wires loose?

When you unplug AC, does the panel shut down immediately?

I would unplug the panel and then remove the back plate. Can you see if the battery has become physically disconnected?

Yes, unplugging AC shuts the panel down immediately.

I have not tried opening the panel in case there was a shut down procedure that I needed to perform first. Can I pop it open or do I need to remove the screws?

There should be just one screw holding the back plate on. You’ll need to pop the back plate off.

Ok. Unplugged the panel, removed the top screw and back plate. The battery appears to be physically still connected by a bundle of 8 colored wires. Thoughts on what to do next?

Try a panel reboot. If all looks connected, put the back plate back on, plug the panel back in and give it a few minutes to come back up. Go into settings, input your installer code, and select panel reboot.

Once this is complete, does the panel still show the battery error?

Also, any power outages recently? Did you have any other battery alerts prior to this particular alert?

No prior battery alerts, no power outages.

I cleared the old error, and no new alert has popped up yet.

But it’s still a problem if the panel shuts down immediately when the ac power is disconnected.

Agreed. Leave the panel plugged in for about an hour and then try unplugging it again. Does it turn off immediately again at this point?

I just unplugged it and the panel immediately turned off again. There definitely seems to be no backup battery for the panel right now.

That does sound like the battery or battery circuit is the problem. I would recommend trying a new battery pack. Do you see the same problem with a fresh battery pack?

Where can I order another fresh battery pack? The battery in my panel is a big block… or does it open up to contain standard batteries?

You would want the battery pack itself replaced. The Qolsys battery pack is not currently in our store, but I will request it be added.

Whatever came of this? I noticed similar battery disconnect alerts this morning on my Qolsys panel that happened overnight. I don’t think the house lost power because the microwave clock wasn’t flashing or anything.

I noticed similar battery disconnect alerts this morning on my Qolsys panel that happened overnight. I don’t think the house lost power because the microwave clock wasn’t flashing or anything.

I don’t see anything in your ADC history to suggest power outage or battery issue either.

Can you post a photo of the alert?

I rebooted the panel last night, and the problem continued throughout the night intermittently. We did have an internet outage, but that is unrelated to this problem. We did NOT lose power at any point, yet we keep getting this “battery unplugged/battery plugged” message.

I should add that the panel is mounted on the wall in a fixed position, and has not been moved or tampered with in any way.

We are forwarding this on to Qolsys and doing some testing here. I’m not aware of this being a known issue with IQ panels or the batteries, but Qolsys may have more info.

Can you confirm the current firmware version of your system?

Just to note, my own issue was resolved with a new battery. The old one was swollen.