Panel looping

Hi guys,

Sorry I am back. Looks like my panel is looping now. All I have is a black screen and the light flips from green to red and back consistently. I’ve taken a short video of the situation. Per the manual looks like only option is to perform a hard reset, which it warns against. Just want to confirm before doing so. Video is below

Panel Looping

thanks

Typically you want to power down the panel via the screen prompts, but if you cannot access the panel screen, you will need to power down the system manually. Do not do the Hard Reset.

The first thing you will want to do here is power down the panel completely. With the system disarmed (done through app if screen cannot be accessed) unplug the transformer from the wall, open the panel and disconnect the internal battery.

With the panel powered down fully, check to make sure the barrel connector from the power supply (transformer) is firmly connected to the panel.

Wait about 5 minutes then plug the battery back in, followed by the transformer and turn the panel on via the button on the side. Any change?

• If no change after that, power down again. This time do not plug the battery back in and just power up the unit using the power supply only. Any change?
  • Be sure to try a different outlet as well, to rule out issues at the outlet in use.

Unfortunately no change. I tried all of the above and same scenario, just seems to continue to boot loop. Not sure if you saw the video. I never get any text on the screen, just goes from red to green, screen attempts to light up a bit, the shuts off and light goes red again and repeats the same sequence. Tried it with the battery disconnected and powered via just the battery as well as separately powered via just the battery. Unit still acts the same. Also have it connected to alternate power outlet and same scenario. In case you are wondering as well, though wall mounted, this has always been powered via the included power brick. I simply have the cable running thru the wall and coming out right behind and plugged into a power strip. Only other item on the strip is my Dyson vacuum that has not experienced an issue. Power strip is not tripped either. I know this is now my second unit to go bad, but trust me I am not doing anything special or have any power issues that I am aware of. Let me know next steps. I assume no other option but another swap?

Thank you for that. Are you using the included cable with the power supply? Is the wire connected to the power supply loose?

While powered up does the panel make any announcements, such as Arm/Disarm acknowledgements or sensor status?

Are you able to test power supply voltage?

Yes, I’ve always used the included power supply and cable. There is a closet directly behind the wall where I have the panel mounted. Thus I just snaked the cable down to come out the other side near the power outlet. Always plugged in to the power strip since day one. I can check later on the voltage output of the adapter but it’s been operating successfully till yesterday.

In regard to the panel, no text, no announcements. Never gets to any visible data on the screen. Looks like it’s trying to boot up but never makes it and restarts again. Again, light shifts from red to green, some backlighting on the screen comes on (no text) and then goes black and light to red again. Then the process repeats again and again.

Thank you for following up The last thing we can try at this point is to perform the Hard Reboot from the panel’s side button. Hold the button down for 30 seconds then let go.

Let us know if there is any change

Unfortunately no difference. Still stuck in loop

I have reached out to Qolsys for any next steps and if no steps available, the necessary information to get the panel replaced.

I will follow up with more information.

Ok thanks, Just to follow up I did finally get around to checking out the voltage on the power brick. It reads 7.5 which, I believe is within tolerance since the brick output states 7V.

Appreciate that information. Unfortunately, it looks like that panel will need to be replaced. Returns dept is closed until Monday but I should have then necessary information to get everything squared away then. Will follow up with that information.

Qolsys recommends replacement at this juncture.

For warranty replacement you have a couple options:

1. return the defective item, and once the returned item is received by our team we will ship you a replacement, or

2. if you would like the replacement shipped prior to the defective equipment arriving at Surety you can purchase a replacement via our online store for us to ship out. The 345Mhz version of the Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ can be found here

Just let us know which option you would like to go with to proceed. In the meantime you can find our Warranty Return policy here.

Thanks Tyler, I’ll make the advance purchase so that I can get the system back up and running asap. I will order shortly.

Order confirmed, it is being processed now. Once the panel has been received, give us the IMEI number and make sure both panels are powered down. We can send commands to perform a backup restore from the most recent backup to push users and sensor programming.

Ok, will do. Additionally please let me know if there are any additional installation steps, testing, etc that you would like me to perform. I think I have just had bad luck with these two panels but to ensure that there is nothing going on with the power, I plan to replace the power strip with a increase joules rating. Again, I have my Dyson plugged into the same and haven’t had any issues, however want to take this out of the mix. If there is anything else you would like me to do as a precaution please let me know.

No additional testing of the defective panel would be necessary.

Isolating the power supply for the new panel would be best, plugging it into a non-switched outlet, to rule out any potential issues.

Following up here, it looks like customer service emailed you the necessary information to get the defective item returned. If you have any questions pertaining to the return, please follow up with them.