Optex wired exterior motions open

I need coverage for covered porches at my barn so purchased 2 exterior Optex pir’s. Installed them on the 2 zones in the 2gig GC panel. Worked fine couple days. Then they went open and I can’t figure it out. The wires at the panel properly show BY METERING that the motions are not sending open signals and indeed are operations properly, sending correct triggering info when tested. So I moved one to fill an existedimg take 345 that had one zone empty, and the other to a new take 345. The one on the old take is now fine. The one on the newly installed take still shows open by the panel. Any idea what I can do to get this fixed? One is a HX-80NAM and the other HX-40AM. THanks

If you had them wired into the terminal block, these sensors can be programmed as either normally open or normally closed. If programmed as normally open by accident, this could throw off reporting.

Likewise, the sensors can be wired for NO or NC response. Verify that they are wired into NC.

Acting differently when added to two TAKE-345s does not make sense though, given likely issues.

Are there any resistors on the circuits? The TAKE will only support up to 3kohm.

Have you tried moving the one now working to the other TAKE with the one exhibiting the same errant behavior as before? If you do this, does the one now working start to malfunction again?

The sensors are wired as NC. That was verified by them both working properly for a couple of days after they were wired directly to the panel zones which are programmed NC. There are no resistors. Should I try them?

Good suggestion, I will swap the sensors wiring on the 2 takes.

That was verified by them both working properly for a couple of days after they were wired directly to the panel zones which are programmed NC

I ask because if the wired sensors weren’t tripped after programming, the panel would boot up assuming the zone closed, making it seem like everything is fine, but if programming or other error was involved once they tripped they may continually report open.

If they were tested and verified to be functioning as NC you can of course disregard.

Should I try them?

They are not necessary for the TAKE, and should have no effect.

The best way to resolve a strange error like you are describing is to make one change at a time to narrow down the culprit.

When you move the working detector to the same TAKE as the non-working one. Does this change how it functions?

Does the non-working one now work properly when moved to the older TAKE?

If you power cycle the panel, then trip one of the non-working sensors, does the sensor report open and then remain open?

Could you provide the programmed zone type (like (1) Entry Exit)?

Currently perimeter but have tried as interior follower

When you move the working detector to the same TAKE as the non-working one. Does this change how it functions?

Does the non-working one now work properly when moved to the older TAKE?

were you able to test this?

I have not been to the location as I dint live there. Hope to this week. Thanks

Finally got to my system … Was planning on swapping the 2 pirs to each other’s Take345

Upon opening the one take to the pir that has been open, I noticed it was wired to zone 8 but remembered we had it programmed to z1. So I swapped it to z1 and it now works as it should!

Guess we had a bad day the day it was wired …

Thanks to all who assisted, Rick