Not one called on alarm event twice

I am using your $24 monthly plan for alarm.com and your monitoring service for more than a few years. Things had been fine until this last 2 weeks. I had 2 alarm events for the last 3 weeks. And I never got any called, none what so ever. Neither me nor my wife had any change of our contact phone numbers.

From this screenshot on alarm.com you can see that the alarm was triggered. So there. is no equipment failure or transmission problem with the alarm signal/cell signal.

Screen Shot 2021-09-25 at 7.56.22 AM

What. is going on? How can I be sure the monitoring center is working? This makes me very uneasy of not knowing whether my system is working or not? Or whether I have to go to the extend of triggering alarms purposely just to test your system center. Please help.

Apperently from what I have seen there is 30 sec cancel time for burg and if the monitoring center gets that cancel within that time frame they won’t call

Hello, happy to help! In both circumstances the event was impacted by the speed of the disarming. In short, disarm events are forwarded to the monitoring station as abort signals. To limit accidental dispatch for false alarms, these disarm events are accepted as report of false alarm, and the event will be dismissed.

Both of the alarms you referenced were disarmed within 4-5 seconds, before operators processed the alarm to make a call, thus it was dismissed.

Read more about this policy here, and details on changing it if you wish.

FYI, your system is using a 3G cellular module which will cease functioning next year at the 3G service sunset, and will possibly see signaling impacts leading up to that sunset. See recommendations in the System Manager here.