No longer receiving notifications when object is detected by cameras

Previously, my 3 security cameras were working perfectly, however I recently noticed I wasn’t receiving any notifications of objects being detected at night while my system is armed.

This is very concerning as that is the whole point of the system and my subscription…

I’ve been through all the settings and can’t figure out why I don’t receive a notification when my system is armed and an animal / person steps into the zone that triggers a recording. It DOES look like there are recordings getting saved in the videos section, but I’m not being notified about them when they happen.

I’ve checked all my phone settings (Android 13) as well and there is nothing blocking notifications that I’m aware of. Override of “Do not disturb” is enabled as well.

Are you getting all the push notifications set up for other schedules? It looks like quite a few are going out for the schedules which are always active.

I do see for example a couple instances last night where a camera recorded based on activity for a rule that is inactive when disarmed, but no notification was generated.

As a test can you go in and enable an email notification as well for those schedules with At Home modifiers? That way we can tell whether it is specific to push notifications or if no notifications at all are firing. Editing the rule may also clear the issue entirely by resaving.

I think we’re dealing with two issues.

1. The cameras are not detecting all objects / movement that they should. I know this to be true b/c there is fox poop on my door step each morning, but no recording of an animal.

2. When the cameras do detect an object, I’m inconsistently notified. As you noted, I seem to receive the notifications for rules that are always on, but not the notifications that come from rules that are only active when the system is armed. Your quote below seems to fall into this category.

I will test the troubleshooting step you recommended today and report back. meanwhile any suggestions for issue type 1 above would be appreciated.

For #1 here I would recommend first going through the best practices and setup adjustments in the guide below.

To catch specific activity you may need to dial in settings or adjust the ground zone. The placement of the camera and its distance to the object also come into play.

If you still have trouble, please send a private message with an example screenshot from the camera feed with both day and night views so we can get a better idea of what you are trying to capture.