No chimes on iq2

I have verified that the selection for chimes is selected and the volume works for alarms and feedback when typing.

Any ideas?

Would a master reset be recommended?

Individual zones have chime programming. Make sure it isn’t disabled in the zone programming.

Settings > Advanced Settings > Installation > Devices > Security Sensors > Edit Sensor

They are all on.

How about the overall volume slider? This is just on the settings drop down.

If this is set normally, can you try a panel reboot? Settings > Advanced Settings > Panel Reboot.

How long has this been an issue?

I have tried both of those.
Volume is all the way up and rebooted.

I put the panel up about 3 months ago and had the volume down during setup. About a week ago, I went to put the volume back up and nothing.

I have even deleted the door and window sensors, relearned (which while doing the panel didn’t make a sound for auto learn) and nothing still.

Aside from the volume slider on the remote, sound on IQ Remote secondary panel follows that of the Primary. Is primary chiming?

Which version of the Remote do you have? There are a few different, very similar versions. 9101, 9102, 9103, and 9104.

What is the remote’s firmware at?

You may want to take a look at updating the firmware. 2.5.0 addressed an issue where the IQ Remote could stop chiming. More information can be found here although it would be recommended to just upgrade all the way to 2.5.2, which is current.

Not the iq remote and panel says it does not need a software upgrade when I go to force it to upgrade.

Currently your system reports being on 2.4.2 which is a few versions old. You can confirm via the about screen on the panel itself.

You would need to follow the instructions to update via Patch Tag which is one extra step in the firmware update process. Steps on how to do this can be found here.

Done.

What’s next?

I did immediately check to see if there was a chime but nothing.

Check to ensure the IQ Remote is at 2.5.2 as well. If so, power cycle the unit and test again.

Is the main panel chiming when tripping a sensor?

I will reach out to Qolsys to see if they have any other steps, as 2.5.0 is stated to address this very issue. What version of the IQ Remote do you have? Should be labelled on the back of the unit. 9104, 2, 3, or 4.

The the IQ Remote ever chime?

Tyler, sorry for the confusion but there’s no iq remote.

I did power cycle the panel but nothing has changed.

Gotcha sorry for the confusion, the IQ2 was the name of Qolsys’ secondary panel.

At the main panel have you navigated to Settings > Advanced Settings > Installer Code > Sound. From there look at Chime Settings. The All Chimes setting should be enabled, is it?

Gotcha.

Yes sir. All are enabled.

It looks like your panel is programmed to be in night mode almost all the time.

Night Time Mode Start: 22:00
Night Time Mode End: 21:59

Chimes don’t normally sound in night mode. Someone tried to change that but the command hasn’t been saved yet. It can’t be saved while the system is armed.

Are you able to edit the night mode end time and set it to something like 06:00?

That’s the problem! I was trying to have the screen off majority of the time! Guess I just have to hit the button on the side.

Thanks!

It can also be programmed to chime in night mode if you want. You can change the Night-Time Mode Setting to set how it behaves during night time.

Just did that and it works!

1 Like