New temp sensors adc s40t

Good morning.

I have add adc s40t to my system last night. First it did not add correctly it added as “other device” and never appear in my app. I also receive a message on the screen stating that “ this device is not compatible with qolsys and that it should work correctly” never seen a message like that on the screen. I have removed it and re added this time it appears correctly under “thermostat” and it report temp and humidity. No weird message this time. Looks like that is only reading I got and sensor has been stock on the same reading all night and have not move.

Any time I try to rediscover the network that sensor is coming back as “neighbors fail” and I will get malfunction message on my panel. I left it over night and nothing changes. Am I doing something wrong ? Maybe qolsys iq4 firmware is not accepting this new sensor and needs firmware update? Anything shows on your end ?

Here are screen shots

Where is the device in relation to the panel and its final installed location when you are adding it to the network?

The documentation for the S40T seems to gloss over some Z-wave basics and I am trying to verify with ADC if this device participates in discoveries or if it is NWI only like the previous model temp sensor.

Maybe qolsys iq4 firmware is not accepting this new sensor and needs firmware update?

4.2.1 is the latest available version, which is what your system reports.

@jwcsurety

I did try two different ways.

First I learn temp sensor next to the panel and attempt to rediscovery with same results. “Neighbor rediscovery fail.” and notification of malfunction over “surety” icon

Then I have removed temp sensor and moved it to its desire location, learn it in and attempt rediscovery. with same results. “Neighbor rediscovery fail.” and notification of malfunction over “surety” icon

I also activated temp sensor during rediscovery, that always did the trick on the older version to get it rediscovered.

I think this temp sensor can actually get woken up by the panel if request is send. basing this on fact that I can pull info out of the sensor and I can see nodes that it neighbors. old sensor would only tell me that sensor is a sleep. This actually makes me think that there could be an issue with firmware on the panel. Since I can request to show me Neighboring nodes why would not pass the rediscovery ? you know what I Mean.

And it does populate malefaction error over your logo every ingle time during discovery.

Here are some screen shots!

As a new product its always possible there are unexpected network device interactions or firmware causes. If so ADC can usually identify with some testing especially if there are more reports.

Have you also tried the Z-wave Smart Start option for pairing?

Understood.

I have not try smart start yet, but did think about trying. I will delete the sensor and attempt smart start pairing. I will report back.

Edit:
I did try including using smart start. No changes same results.